Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brokenankle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Broken ankle problem
    I broke my ankle about 5 weeks ago and a few days later had 11 screws and a plate put in surgically on the outside of my left ankle. I have not been in a ton of pain recently, just discomfort. However, around 4:00 today I experienced sharp pain and increased discomfort. I iced it and took some pain medication which helped, but I have just noticed that about .5 inch away from the bottom of the incision, there is a bump protruding out that wasn't there earlier today. Is it possible that one of the screws is coming out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 03:43 PM
    It can be many things, my best suggestion is to go back to the doctor on Monday and have it examined

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I break my ankle or did I just sprain my ankle? [ 19 Answers ]

At my school we went on a field trip to clean up a giant nature park ( it's an small island) long story short I triped on a rock (super smooth I know) and I heard a little crack or a pop I could really tell but then my ankle got kind of swollen and it hurt to walk so I had to use one of my friends...

Ankle surgery broken tibia/fibula [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my tibia/fibula and had ankle surgery needing plates and screws etc.. This was in January and I was not able to put any weight on that leg/foot for 3mos. Now I have a cam boot and have started to apply weight as tolerated with a walker or crutches. I have started PT and am in so much...

How long does a Broken Ankle take to heal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my Ankle in January 2009, both of the bones and had an operation and got nine screws put in and I finally got a job and during the day it swells up, but on the next morning it is a lot better, any advise what I can do to make it better, besides not walking, I have a job where I sit...

Can I sue my dad's homeowners insurance for my fall resulting in a broken ankle? [ 10 Answers ]

I recently fell and broke my ankle. The accident occurred while I was visiting my parents home. My dad was shampooing the carpet and left a large amount of water on the tile directly below the staircase. As I came down the stairs I slipped on the wet tile and broke my ankle in three places. I...

Switch broken or wiring problem? [ 2 Answers ]

I originally try to install a ceiling fan with light but somehow messed up on the wiring. There are 3 sets of black and white + ground wires coming out for the octagon socket. It was connected to a light fixture but unfortunately my husband had took the plastic nuts off before I got a chance to...

View more questions Search