Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Do I have to disclose?
    I have been out of work for more than 5 years. When I apply for a job, do I have to disclose work history if its been that long? I don't even remember anything except the company I worked for. Im in Arizona.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 13, 2012, 09:26 AM
    You do not have to disclose but a possible employer may still want to know. They can ask.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Ok thank you. That would be much easier. If I just don't disclose it and then if I get an interview and they ask, its much easier to explain, that I have worked, but it was so long ago I don't remember the details lol
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
    Keep in mind that when an employer has many apps they screen them to narrow down the pool, can't always interview everyone who applies. Lack of a work history may cause an HR director to just pass you over. You don't need details , just where and approximately when.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Thanks hon. I do know the years. And about how long. So I will add that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Don't forget that you've been hard at work raising a child and improving your life. You might want to consider a functional resume that would show off your skills and abilities rather than your work history (which will still be on the resume, but not front and center). I've been helping people with resumes since 1985 (before you were born?), so let me know if I can help in any way.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
    Lol not before I was born. I'm not THAT young. I was 1 in 85 ;)

I actually didn't think of that. I have a business resume that has my business skills and my schooling and diploma. But for the non medical jobs I apply for while waiting for the job I WANT, I bet that would work awesome
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Have this close to the top (tailored to fit you) --

Skills

> Offer professional-quality administrative assistant skills and excellent work ethic
    > Am proficient, loyal, thorough
    > Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills
    > Quickly comprehend new methods and procedures
    > Work well independently, and effectively within team environments
    > Possess very strong problem-solving skills
    > Have basic computer knowledge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seller didn't disclose foreclosure. [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a house in FL. Seller was having "family issues" and had to sell for loooow. Skeptical, I was assured that home wasn't in foreclosure. This is 1st time purchase so I don't know all steps involved. At closing I ask seller if his title was clear for the home and with the HOA. He says...

When to disclose salary to SO? [ 45 Answers ]

Hi, we have been together for about 1.5 years now, but I have never disclosed how much I earn. It is now getting to the point where we are ready to move to the next step and she would like to know. Her reason is that she wants to feel secure in our future together. Advice?

Website that disclose studies done [ 1 Answers ]

If you can help me find a website that shows studies that have been done and the results. I thought I had come across a website like that. I am more interested in the nutritional field like finding out about gingko bilboa, green tea and etc Thanks in advance.

Have to disclose treatment by psychiatrist before getting hired? [ 27 Answers ]

I live in Illinois, if that makes a difference. My friend is worried that he will be asked by a prospective employer if he's ever consulted a psychiatrist (or received mental health treatment). Is it legal to ask such a question or to ask someone to give access to their medical records prior to...

What information will my bank disclose to me ? [ 1 Answers ]

My Business Bank Account Was Recently Levied Resulting From Debts That Belong To An Authorized Signer On my Account. I Am Curious What Information They Will Disclose To Me ( Upon Written Request By Myself) In Reference To The IRS Request To Levy Said Account.

View more questions Search