Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamakua888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Lawnmower maintenance
    What kind of oil do I use for a troy built lawnmover?
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 25, 2007, 03:30 PM
    If you look on th edipstick it may tell you there. If not try the owners manual if that does not work MOST are good with 5-30 or 10-30 oil.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Straight HD-30 (high detergent) above 40 degrees F
    10w-30 and 5w-30 conventional below 40 degrees F
    OR 10w-30 and or 5w-30 synthetic all year round...

Using a conventional multi weight will in fact sometimes make them use oil... as it does thin out under the high heat these things put out... while syn does not.
    Straight 30's OK... just not in the cold temps, you can and will damage the engine starting a engine with a straight weight...
    Check the oil often, and change it every 25 hours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp maintenance [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know which maintenance programs should be run periodically to keep Windows XP running smoothly. Thank You, Frank S

Hardware maintenance [ 1 Answers ]

I will really like to learn hardware maintenance how do I come about it can it be done online or I can get like a manual for guidiance

Maintenance of A/C [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a townhouse in SW Houston. I have 2 A/C units; 1.5 tons each. They are both 1996 vintage. I would like advice on reputable A/C technician in Houston to inspect my units and perform and required maintenance. Regards, Stan

Trespassing and maintenance [ 8 Answers ]

Since some laws are different depending on where you live, I'll start by saying that I currently live in Baltimore County, MD. My question is if a maintenance worker lets himself into my apartment to find out if I'm home because he saw someone knocking on my door, is this considered trespassing? ...

Maintenance Woes [ 2 Answers ]

For the past two weeks I have turned in both written and verbal maintenance requests for two different problems. Problem 1: the kitchen sink will take 3 days for it to drain half a sinkfull of water, and even then, as one side drains, more comes back into the other side Problem 2: ...

View more questions Search