Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonrichards84 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 11:15 AM
    EtG
    I drank on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I had about 5 drinks of jack daniels. Sunday I had about 8 drinks of Hennessy ending at 12:30 am. I have a test today at 6pm approximately 112 hours after drinking. I have been drinking tons of water the past few days. I think ill be fine, but I am a little nervous that it will test positive. I have stayed away from anything that could cause a false positive except shampoo and toothpaste of course. Its been over 100 hours so I'm pretty sure ill be OK. My question is do I have a great chance of testing positive because I consumed a lot?also some of the drinks were just hennessy straight with no mixer.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
    You should be fine. After drinking a lot of alcohol it would take anywhere from 12 hours to pass properly completely. Could be longer in your case, however, nothing but time can bring your blood alcohol level to 0.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Forgot to mention that longer than 12 hours in your case could be no more than 16 hours. Unless you had a sip of vodka or rum in the past 24 hours, there's no way you could fail.

May 11, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Thanks for your response. But you do know what a ETG test is right?
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
    Never even paid attention to the ETG part haha. If I'm not mistaken an ETG test can go back 80 hours?

May 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
    ETG test question(dr bill or any experts)
    If Dr Bill Can answer this it would be helpful.I want to know if I will pass my ETG test today. I know that it can test up to 80 hours but I want to make sure. I drank on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I had about 5 drinks of jack daniels. Sunday I had about 8 drinks of Hennessy ending at 12:30 am. I have a test today at 6pm approximately 112 hours after drinking. I have been drinking tons of water the past few days. I think ill be fine, but I am a little nervous that it will test positive. I have stayed away from anything that could cause a false positive except shampoo and toothpaste of course. Its been over 100 hours so I'm pretty sure ill be OK. My question is do I have a great chance of testing positive because I consumed a lot?also some of the drinks were just hennessy straight with no mixer.I am 5'7 male 185 lbs and I believe I have a fast metabolism.Remember this is for an ETG test not a pbt test.Please Dr Bill I need your advice.
    EverK Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrichards84 View Post
    If Dr Bill Can answer this it would be helpfull.I want to know if i will pass my ETG test today. I know that it can test up to 80 hours but i want to make sure. I drank on saturday and sunday. Saturday i had about 5 drinks of jack daniels. Sunday i had about 8 drinks of Hennessy ending at 12:30 am. I have a test today at 6pm approximately 112 hours after drinking. i have been drinking tons of water the past few days. I think ill be fine, but i am a little nervous that it will test positive. i have stayed away from anything that could cause a false positive except shampoo and toothpaste of course. its been over 100 hours so im pretty sure ill be ok. my question is do i have a great chance of testing positive because i consumed alot?also some of the drinks were just hennessy straight with no mixer.I am 5'7 male 185 lbs and i believe i have a fast metabolism.Remember this is for an ETG test not a pbt test.Please Dr Bill i need your advice.
    112 hours post drinking you should be fine. The extremely high upper limits are usually only applicable to extreme cases involving chronic alcoholism with other factors involved, i.e. liver/kidney disorders. I had my EtG test 60 hours after my last drink and I had at least 8 drinks in a 5 hour time frame. Since being surprised by that test I have read everything I can get my hands on concerning EtG, I passed my test when, if you went by what the testing labs say, I should not have. This has been the case with many people I have read posts from. Seems the biggest threat to fail is drinking within 48 hours of testing... but that is just from what I've read.
    Hopefully you cantons the answers you need. Though EtG testing g seems unreliable at best.

May 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
    Thanks a lot for you answer. I think ill be fine its just my first one ever so I'm just nervous. Do you know how long it takes to get results?

May 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
    Can somebody that has taken this test answer please
    paperdol101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2013, 08:26 AM
    I've seen several posts on here concerning EtG testing however most have been concerning average sized males. I am a female about 115 pounds, 5'2. If I have about 5 standard drinks at 8 oz, 5%, would I be good to go in 60 hours?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 4, 2013, 01:26 PM
    Size/weight doesn't really factor into it. It is slightly metabolism but even then it is pretty consistent. That isn't to say that a world class cyclist and a couch potato would have the same results but it would be close enough. It wouldn't be good to have a good test that could be gamed by exercise.

Chances are you wouldn't be good to go, even though the tests are usually good for 60-80 hours. That clock starts when the last of the alcohol has been metabolised.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

EtG help [ 1 Answers ]

I had a 24 oz beer from Sunday night at 830 ended at 1030, I have a random EtG test 44 hours after consumption what are my chances of passing I am a 33 yr old female

EtG ua [ 5 Answers ]

How to pass a EtG UA

View more questions Search