Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
    I'm going to be missing -
    I don't know where to post this. I trust it will be moved somewhere else if this is not the place.

My husband was in a bad accident yesterday. My (step) daughter and (step) grandson were in the van with him.

He was trapped by his seatbelt, under his airbag, and suffered first and second degree burns trying t get out. The van had side sliding doors which didn't operate because of the fire, so he ripped the door off to get his daughter and grandson out, burning his face, hair, ears, eyebrows.

The van, needless to say, was a total loss.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
    I am so sorry to hear this Judy. I pray everyone will be OK.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
    Ouch.
    Here's wishing everyone involved a speedy recovery..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
    OMG Judy! I'm so sorry. Happy to hear the van was a total loss rather than the family.

How are your step-daughter and step-grandson?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
    I wish your hero husband a speedy recovery and will keep your family in my thoughts.
    Bless you and all who are affected by this.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Sad to hear this. I want to echo LadySam's observation on the heroic nature of his actions . All my prayers for a speedy recovery
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
    Wow... so sorry to hear this. I will keep all of you in my thoughts.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Sorry to hear, our prayers will be with you
    Uber Member

May 12, 2012, 03:48 AM
    Stepdaughter fine, grandson can't stop talking about the firetrucks.

My husband has third degree burns. A plastic surgeon is being called in on Monday.

The van, of course, is a total loss. The adjuster didn't even bother making the trip to look at it.

I'm told my husband is at risk of pneumonia and infection, including staph, but so far he's responding well to the antibiotics.

Stuff can be replaced. For a few minutes there I thought I'd lost the most important thing in my life - again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 12, 2012, 03:57 AM
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Judy. Praying for a speedy recovery for your husband.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 12, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Your in my prayers and I hope things work out for the best for everyone. Hang in there while your on this ride. I know life can get bumpy.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope his recovery is fast and easy. Hang in there.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 12, 2012, 07:54 PM
    You're all in my prayers. Judy, you all have an angel watching out for you. Wonder who that could be. I think you know.

I'm so sorry you all have to go through this. Your husband is a hero! When push came to shove, he found the strength to save those he loves. That is something that thankfully most people don't have to face, but when he was faced with it, he showed who he is.

I wish him a speedy recovery, and I send hugs to you. I know what you've been through in your life, and I'm happy that you don't have to deal with that again. Hoping you never will.

Love you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
    My best wishes too, to one of my favorite people. Please let us know soon how he is doing, and how you are.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 12:04 PM
    We will be praying for all of you and hoping to have you back soon.
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
    I am back - it's been a difficult time, and I SO appreciate the kind words. He is going to need grafting.

It's been difficult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something is Missing [ 3 Answers ]

I have been carrying an old baggage for two years and It seems I don't know how to let it go. I dated a guy for six years and he dumped me for another girl. I spent the last year in a half trying to get over it. Then one day, I met an amazing man, who I love very much. He and I have been dating for...

Missing persons accra ghana Looking for Labrams Osman missing since Feb 12, 4:30pm [ 13 Answers ]

5ft.7in appox. 130lbs long dark brown hair caucasian, very attractive Labanon decent.

Keep missing my period and getting it and then missing again [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed my period for 2 or 3 months and then it came back in August and now I missed it again in September. I am 17 years old

Missing Something? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I have a 18 month old son and we broke up in June. He was hearing rumors about me cheating with one of his friends. But they were not true. Told him but don't think he believed me. So he ends up seeing some other girl that I end up find out about. So I ended up leaving him and moving to...

What's missing here? [ 28 Answers ]

If you accept the idea often presented in these threads that there is a vast right-wing conspiracy, and that the "religious right" are a class of people who are haters, shooting abortionists and are as Rosie says, more dangerous than the Muslim terrorists, then please explain something. We lost...

View more questions Search