Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    47awilliams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Smoke coming from under my hood.
    One day I notice smoke coming from under my hood and it started to smell badly and as I was going down the street it cut off on me. I didn't know what to do but before all of this had happen I had just had a minor oil leak and I didn't know if that had something to do with it or what,so what should I do now?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 11, 2012, 08:17 AM
    The car may be overheating. Check the coolant level and hoses. With an aluminum head engine, it's easy to blow the head gasket and damage the valves--it only takes allowing it to overheat once. If necessary, have the car towed to a mechanic for repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car smoking white smoke from the hood? [ 3 Answers ]

Also the smoke is coming from behind the engine it self and my car is not running hot its just smoking it's a 99 alero oldsmobile

My car smoking under the hood and its smoke so bad ! HELP [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a 2000 cadillac DTS and when I turn it on the engine start smoking under the hood it is came close to the exhaust area and when I keep it turned on it look like the car want to get a fire I donuu whatts going on any ideas? Please help mee guys

White smoke under hood - not a coolent issue - [ 1 Answers ]

Possibly oil or trans fluid spilling out on a hot surface maybe, I see it coming from beneth the distributer in the middle - back of hood - what can I do - 97 plymouth breeze 2.4 dohc

Check engine light on and smoke coming from under the hood [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my car back from the dealership they said they repaired the coolent leak they replaced the valve cover gaskets and tube seals, replaced o-rings and water pump. That was on Monday and on Tuesday I noticed the smoke coming from the tailpipe again. Today while driving home the service...

White smoke under the hood of my car [ 6 Answers ]

I was driving to work today and when I arrived, and put the car in park, I noticed that I had white smoke coming from underneath the hood of my car. I have a 2000 Infiniti I30. Can anyone tell me what this might be and how much I may end up paying to fix it? I just purchased the car used. Also,...

View more questions Search