Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tugela Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 04:14 AM
    Windows live mail
    I am using windows 7 and windows live mail.
    Lately I have had problems with windows live mail freezing on me and noticed that my email account has duplicated itself which results in me receiving on the account and then live mail attempting to receive again (which makes it freeze)
    I deleted the one account last night and today have noticed I now had THREE email accounts with the same address... what can I do to stop this happening.
    Thanks
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

May 21, 2012, 04:16 AM
    That sound weird LOL, I suspect a windows update but might be wrong.

Open Windows Live Mail.
    Press the "Alt" button on the keyboard and the menu should pop down.
    Click Tools -> Accounts

Delete the accounts you do not want and they should stay gone.

If you still have issues, reinstall windows live essentials. Here is the link -> Windows Live Essentials - Download Windows Live Essentials

Hope this helps
    Grant
    Tugela Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
    Hi there, I did delete the accounts which I thought were duplicate ones but they took away all my emails so I was left with nothing at all! So with a lot of fiddling I managed to get all 3 duplicate email accounts back and then I saved the one accounts emails into the storage folder, deleted the others and then put the one back into the normal place and so far all has been OK
    Was very strange indeed but thanks for the advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows live mail [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot send messages from Windows Live mail from my laptop. Shows error but no error details. Please advise

Windows Live mail identity [ 0 Answers ]

Several years ago my daughter signed up for MSN mail. At that time she didn't have her own email address so she used mine. She now has her own email address but windows live mail still has her linked to my email. When we log her off, all MY contacts disappear! Is there a way we can change her name...

Windows Mail vs. Windows Live Mail [ 2 Answers ]

I've only had a vista machine since Nov 2007. It irritated me at first when I found out I could not set up WM to retrieve my msn.com mail. "Why would Microsoft make a client that can read seemingly any mail except that from a Microsoft server?" We'll never know. Since this is my secondary email...

View more questions Search