Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nojailtime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 12:16 PM
    advice on possible insurance fraud
    I know someone that lost a diamond out of her ring and submitted a claim and was paid for the insured amount. 8 months later the stone was found. The platimun setting is broken and requires $1200 to repair and reset the stone. The current value of the ring is greater than the old insured amount. Does the ring need to be returned to the isnurance company?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
    Not the ring, but the insurance payout should be returned, possibly minus whatever it cost to repair the ring once the stone had been found. That's the legal posititon.

How are you involved in the case?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 11, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nojailtime View Post
    I know someone.... Does the ring need to be returned to the isnurance company?
    Hello No:

Mind your own business!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Fraud/Advance commission fraud [ 10 Answers ]

I'm sure this post with be confusing to some of you but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hired back in October of 2005 as an independent contractor selling life insurance policies. One of my clients that I sold a policy to mentioned that she had a few family members that were...

Insurance fraud [ 3 Answers ]

We had a house fire, after the landlord was informed, we were told that she had forgot to inform her insurance that the house was leased out. So she told them that we were visiting only. And wanted us to back up her story. We have a yr. lease and didn't back up her story. Now we are getting...

Possible insurance fraud [ 2 Answers ]

Is it ilegal for a physician to bill and charge under his Tax ID/ NPI if a nurse practitioner is seeing the patients and at times he's not even in the office? FYI she does have her own provider numbers. Is there a way that there could be an agreement between them that would make this legal?:)

Is this insurance fraud? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine cashed a check from his insurance company that was supposed to be used to pay the anesthesiology bill for surgery. The check was made out to him and him alone. His disability insurance was running out and he needed to pay his bills. He called up the anesthesiology people to make...

View more questions Search