Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristo Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Feb 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Some geometry stuff
    A trapezoid's parallel sides are 8 decimeters and 18dm, the other sides are 8.1dm and 5dm.
    How do I find surface area and height of the trapezoid? We're studying trigonometry at the moment, but I can't think of any way to solve it this way, so I need your help, thanks.

Feb 26, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Anyone please?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
    When only the side lengths are known, you can use this formula:

where and: a > c

Then using:

and therefore:

you can calculate the height.

Feb 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Okie, thanks a lot :).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

More stuff [ 3 Answers ]

Grave Service As a young minister, I was asked by a funeral director to hold a Graveside service in a new cemetery for a derelict man (with no Family or friends) who had died while traveling through the Area. The cemetery was way back in the country. This man would be the First to...

Geometry (surface area) [ 15 Answers ]

Hello! I am having difficulty answering this question. If someone can please tell me how to solve these geometry problems, I will be very grateful! Thank you in advance! =) Find the surface area of the following regular polyhedra to the nearest cm^2 (squared). a. Tetrahedron with edge length...

Isosceles trapezoid geometry question [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for a quadrilateral to have exactly 3 sides of equal length. I was just wondering. It would most likely be an Isosceles trapezoid.

Projective geometry [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find some solved exercises about duality, projective transformations, conics, quadrics?? help me :confused:

View more questions Search