Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steeldpitt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 06:47 PM
    18 ft swimming pool out of level
    I have a brand new 18ft by 52 inch round pool I just installed. My yard is on a gradual slope. I had dug out about 5 inches on the high side. And just took the sod off on the low side. After I put he pool up I was out of level by about 3/4 inch, measuring the water level to rail. Now the pool is out of level by 1 and 3/4inches.

Can I drain the pool to a couple of inches of water pool the liner back on the low side, and lift the low side to level with patio bricks under the rail and posts? I would then cover the bricks with dirt and redo the cove on the inside of the pool. Please let me know if this would be o.k.

I looking for anything that can be done without tearing down the whole pool and redoing evertything again.

Thanks
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

May 9, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Sorry Dude... I'm no expert but when my pool was out of level the only thing that worked without twisting the frame work all to rat... was draining the whole thing and starting from scratch... If you leave it the weight of the water will eventually warp the frame and you will have a real mess on your hands.

May 11, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. Yep, figured as much. Draining now. I'm planning on taking the whole thing down and starting all over. Just picked up a laser level from handy rents. Do you know, do I have to relevel the whole area, or just outside perimeter where the rail and posts go? I hate to have to move all the sand as I know it will get mixed up with the dirt.
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

May 12, 2012, 10:37 AM
    You should level the whole thing so that there won't be any stress on the liner.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
    Yes and do you know how much a pool like that weights with just two or three inches of water in it ? No lifting or moving till empty

May 13, 2012, 03:19 AM
    Busted my tail yesterday disaasembling the pool, releveling with a laser level, and reassembly. Filled up over night, and now I'm within a quarter inch of level all the way around the pool. Although I didn't want to spend a whole day again on the pool, I feel much better now that I shouldn't have any problems or concerns it could burst. " Peace of mind". Thanks for your input. Now all I need is some warm weather. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

What is a temporary swimming pool? I have a above the ground pool, that a taken down each year. The city say it is not a temporary pool. 18ft across

Swimming pool maintenance [ 3 Answers ]

Swimming pool ph went up after a swim party... normal?

How to level a swimming pool [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with my above ground pool. I ti all set up and I had it halfway full and the wall came off the track in some places and the pool was not level. It was about 3" off on one side. I took the water out and the liner half way and tried to fix the wall but it is not going to well. It is...

Swimming Pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a peanut shaped pool 20x40 (3-8ft.) with a water fall in the middle and 4 deck jets. Two in each corner. Iam thing 2 skimmers and 4 returns? Also I would need an auto water leveler and suction for cleaning system. Looking for a drawing on how to plumb. There is no heater or spa. 2...

View more questions Search