Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    McLemoreMS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 04:56 PM
    Mississippi child abandonment laws
    I have twin 4 year old daughters that haven't seen their father in 3.5 years. I want to file abandonment charges on him so I can sign custody over to my mother and step-father who are much more able to take care of my daughters.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 9, 2012, 05:31 PM
    You don't file abandonment charges, the children were not left without adult supervision.
    See here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-364259.html guardianship

If you want to transfer guardianship to your mother and stepfather, then do it. If the court requires that you get the father's permission, then you will have to do so.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 10:48 PM
    Yes, what you ask is not what you need and not how it happens. You can try to get "guardianship" not custody, given to them. You will need an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment laws in Mississippi [ 14 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the abandonment laws are in Mississippi?my 5 year old daughters biological father hasn't seen her since we went to court for custody when she was around a year and a half old. After I left him, he decided to hurt me he would take me to court and sue me for full custody. He was...

Laws on child abandonment? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a three almost four year old daughter, her father has not paid one dollar to child support, it is not court ordered and we have not done a dna test. He is not on the birth certificate, yet I was told that I can not have her adopted with out the biological fathers signature. I was wondering...

Mississippi Property abandonment laws [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any information on Mississippi property abandonment laws?

View more questions Search