Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel_1111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Live scan background check
    Hello, I have to do a live scan background check, and I was wondering if it will look up my restraining order that was over in 2009 (ungly break-up), and will it prevent me from getting employment? I live in So cal, it is for a county job.

Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 9, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_1111 View Post
    Hello, I have to do a live scan background check, and I was wondering if it will look up my restraining order that was over in 2009 (ungly break-up), and will it prevent me from getting employment? I live in So cal, it is for a county job.

thanks
    It will turn up in a background check... not sure about how critical that particular county is however. SInce the Counties establish their own rules... perhaps if you mentioned what county it is someone might be able to give a more specific answer.

May 9, 2012, 04:47 PM
    The county that I received the restraining order was Orange County, and I am applying for a LA County job. HOw long does a restraining order stay on your records?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 9, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Stuff like that never goes away... question actually is when do they stop digging deep enough on a specific type of background check to turn it up.

May 9, 2012, 08:55 PM
    I did a background check on myself and it did show up. Just had a case number, that is it. Had to pay another 50 dollars to see that, but I am broke...

May 9, 2012, 08:56 PM
    I did a background check on myself and it did show up. Just had a case number, that is it. Had to pay another 50 dollars to see that, but I am broke... Does anyone think I will get the job or not?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Your criminal history is always there, does not go away, they will see the details of the case if they want. ( they don't have to pay the 50 dollars)

But it is not a conviction, just be ready to explain it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will EXPUNGED conviction show up on Live Scan finger print background check? [ 23 Answers ]

I have a conviction that was expunged. The conviction is from 2002. I have to do a Live Scan fingerprint background check for a very good job opportunity as I am a social worker and work with troubled youth. (the conviction was nothing related to children, abuse, or sexual misconduct). Does anyone...

I was wondering what exactly show up on a live scan fingerprint background check? [ 2 Answers ]

What specifically shows up on a live scan fingerprinting background check? I would like to apply to nursing school and this is the form of background check that is required. I was charged with theft and these charges are dismissed. I do not have a felony or misdemenour* on my record. Does this...

View more questions Search