Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slightlystoopid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 02:40 PM
    EtG test after heavy drinking?
    Consumed heavy amounts of alcohol on and off for about 5 days. Have a test roughly 8 days from last drink. Most people are golden after 120 hours but will binge drinking possibly make me test positive over a week later? I am a healthy and active individual
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlystoopid View Post
    consumed heavy amounts of alcohol on and off for about 5 days. have a test roughly 8 days from last drink. most people are golden after 120 hours but will binge drinking possibly make me test positive over a week later? i am a healthy and active individual
    Despite the fact that 120 hour (5 day) detection period is sprinkled throughout the advertising claims, and even echoed in some early research, there is no timed, credible science in support of that claim. I have never heard of anyone testing positive at that time span.

Even the 80 hour claim is based on extreme cases. All, but one, of the studies with 80-100 hour claims were conducted in detox units, the subjects were highly intoxicated and many chronic alcohol abusers, even then the detection period is on average about 68-70 hours.

So if you have an 8 day interval from last drink to test there is no way that I can think of that you would be EtG/EtS positive. One exception, liver or kidney disorder.
    slightlystoopid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Even after a week long bender the enzymes it is testing for don't hang out any longer than that of someone who only had a couple drinks? Thank you for your help dr.bill
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Neither EtG nor EtS are cumulative. They are additive so if you have two drinks there will be more systemic EtG than if you had one drink. But just as with alcohol EtG is continually excreting as well.

About 3-5 hours after your final drink the EtG peaked and with no more being created via metabolism of alcohol continued to eliminate.

It takes longer to eliminate the amount of EtG that was in your system based on the pattern of consumption. Someone drinking couple drinks will be EtG clear in about 20-30 hours. No where near 80 hours.

The longest period I know of for EtG detection was 102 hours after heavy alcohol consumption. Even then that was exceptional, measured from first drink, not last even then only 2 of 32 subjects took that long with the greatest clearing about 78 hours (66 from BAC=0).

So, assuming reasonable health, at the time span you note the EtG should be long gone.

I would be remiss not to mention that if you are drinking heavily across several days you should seek to address that issue... on your own.
    swimmer420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
    I have a question. I drank all weekend (kept a buzz, didn't black out or anything) with my last drink being around 9:00pm on Sunday. Would I most likely be okay for a test around 5:00pm that same Thursday?
    Allanam Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 03:36 PM
    Do any of you guys know by the time I test it will have been 92-96 hours from when my bac was 0 and over 100 hours from my last drink, will I pass, I had approx
    Allanam Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 03:38 PM
    Approx 12-14 drinks I'm 195 athletic and workout every day and drink lots of water

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass an ETG test after drinking one beer [ 7 Answers ]

I drank one beer at 8PM with dinner and thereafter started flushing my system with water after I knew I messed up. I got up and went to the gym for 2 hours. Drank liter after liter of water and green tea. I took vitamin B and C and creatine (sp) to hopefully combat the diluted urine. I pissed...

EtG test after drinking 110 hours [ 5 Answers ]

I drank about 8 beers last Saturday night finishing at 11pm. I tested today Thursday at 3pm. What are the chances of failing?

Can I pass an EtG test after drinking 40 hours ago? [ 3 Answers ]

I drank a couple beers on Friday night. Saturday, I drank Bacardi & Sloe Gin. I stopped drinking before 12 a.m on Saturday night. I had my EtG test on Monday around 3. I ate in the middle of drinking, and before I went to bed. A lot. Like in all 4 burritos, a pizza, and chips. I don't know if that...

ETG Test 11 Days After Drinking... is there ANY Chance that I Will Fail? [ 7 Answers ]

I drank roughly 18 drinks over the course of 8 hours on Friday 2/4(please spare me the lecture, I am a college student and have excellent grades, I understand that it is bad for my health but it is a part of the culture) how long will it take for the alcohol to be out of my urine? I am scheduled...

View more questions Search