Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curious1959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Hair follicle test
    Could any of these drug alter a hair folicle drug test to look like methanphetamine 1. methylpred 4mg 2. methocarbam750mg 3. methylpredinsolone 4. fentanyl patch 50 mg. 5 .oxycodone 30mg 6. temazepam15 mg
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Before I get too involved in cross-referencing, did you have a problem or simply trying to avoid problems?

If properly performed, there should never be a false positive hair test. Let me qualify that, false positives are presumptive and occur at the first step of the test immunoassay (IA). A positive at this level, presumptive positive, requires a confirmatory test by a far more precise instrument that can not only distinguish between various drugs but measure the amount of each (quantify) down to the level of picograms, a few parts per trillion.

Unfortunately, many laboratories offer a service of IA only. They do not perform the confirmatory test. The confirmation is more expensive and time consuming.

If you have had a problem with a false positive it is very important to know the readings as stated on the printout. That is where we would need to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test [ 4 Answers ]

I never smoked until recently in the month of April like 2 times.. Took my test may 7th , what is the chances of it showing in my hair ? Ps didn't smoke a whole blunt like 2-3 pulls

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I hit a joint two months ago I rareley smoke I have a hair follicle test this week I drink cranberry juice and water heavy everyday could I pass?

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I do not smoke marijuana but my wife does. I have to take a hair follicle test. Will I fail because the weed is in the hair, even though I do not smoke?

Hair Follicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering about hair follicle tests. If you are in the same room as someone smoking marijuana, crack or meth, could you come up positive on the test? If so would it have to be the same day, without washing your hair? If you washed your hair wouldn't it come out and show clean, or could it...

View more questions Search