Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamokilo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 12:44 PM
    we have a cstr in which the following parallel reactions take place. R->Y, R->Q, R->Z
    we have a cstr in which the following parallel reactions take place. R->Y, R->Q, R->Z. the reactions occur in aqueous solution. Z and Q are undesirable byproducts. All three reactions are first order in R. The pre-exponential factors for the rate constants for the reactions that lead to the formation of Y and Q are 1 and .8 per hr. respectively. The rate constant for the formation of Z follows an unconventional, non-arrhenius dependence and is of the form k=(10^-3)*(T-280)^2 per hr. the volume of the cstr is 300 L. we feed rate of liquid at 5 L per min and the feed liquid contains 250 g/l of R. which is completely dissolved in water. R has a molecular weight of 200 gms/mole. The energy of activation for the formation of Y is 25 kJ/mol and for the formation of Q is 15 kj/mol. The liquid enters the reactor at 280K, we can't cool the liquid but we can heat it. At what temperature should we operate the reactor to maximize the selectivity of Y relative to Q and Z. i.e. maximize S(sub Y/qz) assume delta H for all these reactions is zero.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a default judgement take place without you knowing until after it is in place [ 1 Answers ]

I am from Ontario. Can a default judgement be put in place by a collections agency without you knowing until after it is in place

How does the phase angle varies from place to place [ 3 Answers ]

I mean why does the phase angle varies on the transmission line even if we don't tap power in between those points...

Parallel Thermostats [ 3 Answers ]

I Am installing baseboard electric heat in 2 rooms in my basement on a new 20 amp 240v circuit. In the first room I'm putting 1 1500 watt heater and 1 1250 watt heater for a total of approx 11.5 amps (connected parallel). My question is this: Can I run a parallel connection from the first...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.