Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessica.19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Physics gravitation question
    Two particles, A and B of masses M1 and M2 respectively, experience a mutual gravitational attraction. Show that the acceleration of A towards be is independent of the mass of particle A.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica.19 View Post
    Two particles, A and B of masses M1 and M2 respectively, experience a mutual gravitational attraction. Show that the acceleration of A towards be is independent of the mass of particle A.
    Comes right out of applying Newton's third laws F = ma to the case of gravitational force: F = GmM/d^2.
    jessica.19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 10:39 AM
    Thank you :) I managed to do it.
    physic Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

May 10, 2012, 02:34 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physics Gravitation help.. [ 0 Answers ]

hello People I need some help with my physics revision sheet. I can't seem to get my head round it. If anyone could help by telling me how to work it out to get the right answer I would be grateful... answers would also be appreciated. OK here is the question: mass of the earth =...

Solving sums of physics gravitation? [ 4 Answers ]

If the mass of the planet is 5*10^20kg and a body of mass 20 kg is on the planet then what is the value of gravitational force if the radius of the planet is 3.34*10^4m. Find the weight of the body on the planet.

Physics gravitation sums [ 2 Answers ]

What is the weight of the body on the surface of the moon, if on planet a it weighs 96n where ga=4.8m/s^2

View more questions Search