Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krishnendu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Refer me a good firewall which is fast
    Can anyone refer me a good firewall which is fast and without any other utilities like anti-spam, anti-spyware... I am ready to pay any price for that... i.e. I'm not worried about the high cost... again I need a basic firewall which gives maximum performance still maintaining high security and without any other features because I already use a good anti-virus, a good anti-spyware... so I don't need them to be integrated into the firewall...
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Zone Alarm is a very good firewall. Others may have their preferences.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Buy a router/gateway and use a hardware firewall - fastest way possible to protect yourself.
    zella1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Zone Alarm is very good if configured it to your own specific requirements. It displays alerts about every event but can be difficult for a novice to understand.
    However if you just need standard security and you're a home user windows XP or above have perfectly good firewalls inbuilt that provide adaquate home user protection.
    :D
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Feb 27, 2009, 11:18 PM

Jupiternetwork - Small Business Server and Network Support Denver, CO

HTH

The Peoples Cube - correct opinion for progressives
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 02:29 AM

You can use one of them windows firewall, Zone alarm free firewall, ESET smart security and comodo firewall pro. etc.
    These are firewalls which can able to protect the windows mad block the spywares.
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 13, 2009, 12:26 AM

I would go with the paid version of Online Armor.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 09:06 PM

I agree with James. Comodo Firewall
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 07:32 AM

The fewer rules and the fewer the connections the faster the firewall

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something desactivates my firewall [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got messages from Av and anti spy sites informing me that I should download regestry cleaner and Av.. ALL the time. Each time I lock my firewall I no more receive those damned messages.But few seconds later my firewall is opened automatically and here we go again. WHY? ...

Firewall block [ 2 Answers ]

Can I block a computer user from accessing a specific website if I have a firewall conrol panel?

Javascript: How to refer to a child window [ 7 Answers ]

supposing I have opened a new window with this statement: newwin=window.open("newwin.php","newwindow"); Now I refresh the opener window and I want to know how to refer to the window I have opened?

Firewall/antivirus [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if they like or dislike the EZ Armor Security Software that comes with roadrunner? I have been trying to look at reviews but can't find any. Also, can anyone tell what they think of Trend Micro's firewall protection. I currently have this for my virus protection but wasn't...

Good firewall that works with corporate VPN [ 3 Answers ]

I am a telecommuter that accesses my company's network everyday over VPN. I don't currently have a firewall installed on my computer because I've heard they can be tricky to use with VPN. Can anyone recommend good firewall software that won't be difficult to use in conjunction with my company's...

View more questions Search