Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brillicon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Research or Management?
    I'm currently studying Pharmacy. Please tell me what is better - going for Management, or for Research and Development?
    Please weigh the topic.
    (Please don't tell me that it depends on your inclination... )
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2007, 08:05 AM
    The trouble is you don't want to hear the truth, if you are personally a bad manager, or hate responsibility of management then you should not be one. If you love to be in charge, love to control, then that is for you.

What is great for me, would be bad for someone else, there is not one better job than another, there are jobs better for me or you
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 08:09 AM
    How much money do you want to make? When I took my first Pharmacology class the instructor, an RPh, told the class the money was in owning your own pharmacy. The second class, taught by someone else, told the class that R&D was the field to be in - very lucrative, chances for climbing the scale, getting tapped by a major drug company. So the class asked him why he did not go into R&D, instead of being a professor. He laughed and said that being a professor was his part time work. He worked for Merck in his "real day job".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need research please help [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know for a paper how much the united states government has spent on nuclear research since 1944. If I can get this answer and the proof then I can get an A. Please Help me I am just passing this class by the skin of my teeth and I would really love to pass with an A. Update on...

Research [ 4 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed w/ Borderline Personality Disorder! It doesn't help that I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, & Generalized Anxiety Disorder! I want to learn about Borderline Personality Disorder so that I can know what I can try to change Or what I can not change! I believe that some of it is...

Research [ 1 Answers ]

Dear eperts I'm working on an Alternative medicine project Put I'm stucked in finding statistics on all diseases Like the percentage of how many person is HIV + Around the world+all kinds of wide spread diseases. Please help me with any data or sites relatedA Thanks dear expert

View more questions Search