Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Man Of Valor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 07:44 PM
    Is engineering a good career choice for a convicted felon??
    Hello

I'm a young man who happens to be a convicted felon. My charges were Possession of an uncontrolled substance and weapons under disability in which I served a 3yr state prison term. Since I've been released Ive been looking to restructure my life and return to college. I have found it extremely difficult to find a major to study because I don't want to waste government money that I will have to pay back on a degree that I can not use once obtained. I have always been great with my hands, and as a child I used to disassemble and reassemble household appliances just to see how they worked. My family has always suggested I pursue a career in engineering but before I decide to take that step is there any hope in this career field with me having a record?

Check out some similar questions!

What career can I do as a convicted felon? [ 21 Answers ]

I am seeking a career, however I have criminal background. Every which way I go, I seem to hit a road block, from universities for graduate programs to employers telling me a whole line of bs. I went to an employment agency the other day she told me she could help me find a job at IHOP. I have a...

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

Convicted felon, looking for grant info to better myself with a good education [ 5 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon of a 7 yr old drug charge. I am still having trouble to this day trying to go back to school to get my computer degrees so that I can better myself in today's society. Does anyone have any good ideas that might help me to solve this issue?:confused:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.