Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rennes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 03:02 PM
    How do you become an Art Teacher and or determine what level to teach at?
    I have a BFA degree in Interior Design. I have a passion for art history/architecture and would love to share my passion through teaching. However, I'm not sure if I want to teach at the middle school, high school or college level. Therefore, I'm stalling on getting started on the process. I understand that there are different requirements for the levels in education in which one teaches. I live in Illinois and I'm open to going back to school to get a Masters in Art History or Master or Art in Art Education. Can you let me know of your thoughts in terms of, Is there an alternative route to becoming an art teacher? Is going back to school for a Masters worth it? What is it like teaching middle school, high school and college. I'm in my early 40's I need to be sure this is the right career change. Thank you in advance for your help!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 10:19 PM
    In CA you wouldn't need a Master's, but you should check with your state's
    Board of Education to see what you need to do. Some states require a credential, which is an additional year beyond a four year degree or Master's. Try becoming a substitute teacher at each level. That would give you a good idea of what to expect! Teaching is rewarding, but can be exhausting, so do your research. Good luck!
    simon35 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 10:40 PM
    Hi, I would like to send you an alternative route to becoming an art teacher - which is to teach your art lesson's online by setting up an online business or website...

You can learn how here to set up your pasion, I am also a member here:

chris farrell membership

I also love to paint in oil and doing this as I what to teach people how to paint in oil...

Check out my site here and some of my painting's...

how to paint in oil by 345 this afternoon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I teach myself Chemistry on a college grade level? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking online for tutorials to read and other literature. I'm wanting to teach myself chemistry and CLEP out of the "basics" to go for more advance classes in college. (Also it'll save me a lot of money and time.) However, online I'm not seeing any tutorials other than at Pink Monkey...

Movie song teacher teacher can't you see [ 0 Answers ]

A movie from the early 90's late 80's about a kid playing in his room and going to different places

Sometime a teacher faces some unruly students.It becomes extremely difficult to teach [ 3 Answers ]

I am a maths teacher .1 of my class is very unruly and does not obey at all .The problem is that all the students keep on talking to each other because of this there is a loud humming noise all the time.Parents have complained about it .Tell me some methods to deal with such class.do not tell to...

Project, teach class about art [ 5 Answers ]

In my language class each student has to teach the class something and I was going to do something on art I want to do something interesting since everyone else has been doing ghosts, future technology, psychotic killers and other stuff like that and some people don't want me to do art I can do...

View more questions Search