Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jshah747 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Maytag Performa fridge side by side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer
    We have a Maytag Performa fridge with freezer on the side. There is ice buildup at the bottom of the freezer. How do we stop it.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 05:56 AM
    Unplug refrigerator and let the freezer thaw out. Then remove cover to freezer coils and at the bottom there is a drain that must be clogged. Pull refrigerator out from wall and remove bottom kick plate on front and rear cover at bottom so you can see coils, air filter (on some models), and drain pan. Spray soap on coils and in drain pan, after removing air filter for cleaning, then wash out with sprayer on water hose. You won't need much water. Vacuum out drain pan with wet-vac. Then on inside pour water in drain pan and check for drainage. You can blow out with water hose nozzle to clean. After it's all clean it should drain fine and run cooler. There was a recall on that model for a fire hazard: https://repair.maytag.com/prjjck/refrigerator.jsp
    You can tell if yours was included by model and serial numbers. Make sure to put everything back together and put cover back on rear (clean any vents) before plugging it back in. Clean the coils at least once or twice a year or it will burn out compressor.
    (See: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Mayt...de_by_Side.pdf for manual download.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Profile side by side refrigerator freezer coils has ice buildup. [ 0 Answers ]

17 year old Profile side by side refrigerator the freezer coils have ice buildup , dust removed from bottom and sides of fridge , serial number TL283099, model number TFH27PRSM. AA

Maytag side by side fridge freezer build up of ice at bottom of freezer at the back [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed puddle of water on the floor underneath the freezer so checking where it is coming from I noticed a build up of ice at the back of the freezer at the bottom and realised the water was coming from that. Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution

Maytag side by side fridge freezer-- occasional ice up, defroster buzzes [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, all -- - Our Maytag SIDE BY SIDE ( MSD2356AEB) occasionally builds up ice on the coil in the freezer. I turn the unit off, remove the rear panels, defrost with a hair dryer, then reassemble after the half hour or so it takes to "hairdry" it. I restart, and the unit works beautifully. ...

How do I fix ice maker in side by side fridge/freezer [ 1 Answers ]

Have kitchen aid freezer w/ ice maker and it syopped making ice and sending water to it

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

View more questions Search