Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbanerje2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Track lighting
    I am trying to put in track lighting at my apt. My apt voltage is 120V and the lighting has a dimmer switch. However the pendant that I am trying to install says that if dimming is required use only an electronic low voltage transformer dimmer such as Commercial Electric SKU#731-638.

My question is would it be safe for me to put the pendant up in my apt? If yes then please let me know what else I need to do to make sure this is safe. If not, please advise where I can find this Electric SKU 731-638.

Thank you

Lipi
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Commercial Electric must be some off beat manufacturer, I cannot find them at all. Since the light fixture refers to Commercial Electric, what is the light fixture brand?

Wherever the fixture was purchased should have that or a comparable dimmer.

Any dimmer rated for electronic low voltage lighting will work, such as this one from Lutron:
    http://www.lutron.com/instructions/030493.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Track lighting not working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay 7 light track light kit. Each of the 7 light fixtures on the track have a halogen 20W bulb in them. Recently, the power in my house went off for about 10 minutes. This happened at night, so all of the lights/ switches were off. After the power came back on, I noticed that...

Old Track Lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I apparently have an old Murray Feiss track lighting system (3 lights w/reflector bulbs). I was hoping to find a compatible track head, but have been told that there are none. The heads in place now are big and bulky and ugly and would like to replace them. Would it just be easier to replace the...

Track Lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to install track lighting on the top of our kitchen cabinets to illuminate the ceiling. It appears this would be an "upside-down" installation. Safety and stability are my prime concerns. Can this be done safely ? Are there specific brands which are more suitable to this...

Track lighting question [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. In my kitchen, there is an old track lighting fixture that does not function. I'm assuming that this worked at one time, but not while I've lived in the house. I am interested in replacing it with a new fixture. There are electrical connections in the ceiling where the old fixture is but...

View more questions Search