Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rukus Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Oliver Reed movie
    Hi! I really need any help you can give. Im trying to look for a film with Oliver Read in it and to be honest I can't remember much of the story line! All I can remember is- I think it was a similar story line to Straw Dogs.

This has been bugging me for ages and I'm so glad I have found this site. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Here's his movie list page at imdb, the king of movie sites:
    Oliver Reed (I)

I know straw dogs but can't think of seeing a Reed movie like that... and don't see a title that jumps out at me - but check the list and see if you can pick it out. If it's an Oliver Reed movie, it will definitely be on that page
    rukus Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Cheers that's so helpful!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
    I believe the movie in question is 1967's "The Shuttered Room": "Screen-treatment of an H.P. Lovecraft story has too many sordid supporting characters and an idiotic action sequence wherein hubby Gig Young takes down a few of the town toughs. Still, it offers a few suspenseful scenes, interesting parallels to the later "Straw Dogs", and a fine cast. Oliver Reed, sweaty, dirty and indecipherable as the most sordid of the villains, must've been heartsick at playing this same type of role again and again (he's offered no new opportunity to stretch), but Lynley and Young have a nice rapport."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

What is the name of this movie? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I need help I cannot remember the name of a movie I am trying to remember what actress is in it the movie is about a lady who is a talk show producer that always gets the sleeze but the tble is turned by her friend putting her on live TV that's all I remember the...

View more questions Search