Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused81 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Pressure or non committal?
    My boyfriend (33) and I (31) have been together for 2.5 years. We have spoken about marriage twice in our relationship in the past two years and said that we wouldn't date for more the three years. 3 weeks ago My boyfriend said that he was unsure of a commitment w me because I pressured him. Because he said he was unsure of a commitment w me, I told him that he had 7 months to propose or else we were done. We didn't speak for two weeks.

Last weekend he came over to my apt and we talked about how much we love each other, how we want to be together and how we both want marriage. I asked for some sort of time frame. He said that I was pressuring him in asking for a time frame. And that he needed to be 1000% sure of commitment because he feared divorce being a product of a divorce mom and dad and that his brother was divorced as well.

I stood my ground and I said "I love you, I want to be with you we are not your parents we are not your brother and I need some sort of time frame" when he left my apt he hugged me so tight, and he said " I love you so much. We will work this out I promise. I just need time give me some time please its me it s my fear I promise we will work out" we went NC for a week. I bumped into him he said it was meant to be for us to bump into each other we got to talking and he told me again that he loved me so much and that we will be together. He said how he missed me, can't be without me doesn't want anyone else and that we're meant to be.

The following day he called me and we spoke for about half hour again he told me he loves me wants to be with me and we will sit down and discuss our relationship and that he was going to keep calling me "baby". I know he loves me but he asked for time apart and now after a week apart he still hasn't come to a decision about where we stand but now wants to talk. I'm oi confused? Please help.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

May 7, 2012, 10:22 PM
    If you truly love this guy and want to be with him then, what's the rush? From what you wrote I understand that the two of you are not living together/sharing a home... shouldn't that be the next logical step?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2012, 11:53 PM
    What's to be confused about? You have a dead line, he doesn't like it. Of course he doesn't know what to do, and he is scared of marriage. Is there no compromise, like an extension of the deadline or something?

I am shocked he even agreed to this in the first place. Have you lived together? But I do understand some kind of clarity. I think he just likes it the way it is. What's obvious is he isn't ready, ut like you say he has a few more months to make a decision.
    Confused81 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2012, 05:37 AM
    He called me twice last night. I ignored his calls and third time I answered. He asked if I was okay and I told him I was busy and that I was struggling with the idea of him taking his time and whether we should talk. He said no no I want to talk to you. We are going to go out to dinner and talk about us. We're going to do this. I am one million percent sure I want you for the long haul. There is not doubt in my mind were going to compromise and were going to this there is no reason why we love each other and want to be together were doing this together trust me .--- I believe him and trust in him. I just hope Three weeks of NC was enough for him to have thought things through.

And no we don't live together. I had wanted to be engaged before living together he was okay with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you fix low pressure at the shower head when good pressure present at faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Good hot and cold water pressure at faucet but when switched to shower, temperature of water drops drastically (minimal hot water coming through) and water pressure is very low. Shower head has been switched, mesh has been cleaned of any debris, and black rubber ring has been changed. What can I...

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

Does shallow well jet pump build air pressure in the bladder or just water pressure? [ 0 Answers ]

My 40/60 3/4hp shallow well jet pump will run continuously and will not build up air pressure in the bladder. The bladder will hold pressure though. I have filled it with air and when I turn on the water it loses its pressure and when the pump kicks on it just keeps running without building the...

What is the correct suction pressure and head pressure for a 3 ton tempstar heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

When the yellow jacket brand gauges are put on a 3 ton Tempstar heat pump what should the correct suction pressure and head pressure be. I suspect it to be overcharged in freon. Because it is freezing the compressor, accumulator tank and all the lines soild ice.

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

View more questions Search