Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love4nature3 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 05:00 PM
    Does anybody know how to make the cookies with the hershey kiss inside of them?
    I really want to make my favorite cookie this weekend but can't find the recipe if anyone is willing to share it with me that would be great or if you have any other suggestions I'm all up for it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 7, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by love4nature3 View Post
    I realy want to make my favorite cookie this weekend but can't find the recipe if anyone is willing to share it with me that would be great or if you have anyother suggestions im all up for it.
    Those are basic Peanut butter cookies you push a Hersheys kiss into before they bake.

May 8, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Wouldn't the hershey kiss melt.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2012, 03:26 PM
    You would think... and if you touched them before they cooled off they would. But combined with you forming a little cup when you push it into the cookie dough, plus the cone shape of the kiss... gravity doesn't overcome the surface tension and the fluidity of the chocolate.

Can't give you a specific recipe for the peanut butter cookies... because I don't know a really good one. But I know there are more than a few I'm not fond of.

Those are my favorites as well... right ahead of a good oatmeal cookie (without raisins) or Oatmeal Scotchies.

Haven't made any in years... the older you get the easier it is to put on weight... and I could stand to lose a few right now.
    CoruptedAngel Posts: 95, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Smoothy you know a little of everything huh? :) :) :)

But yep he is right! *nodding head in approval*
    Uber Member

May 10, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CoruptedAngel View Post

but yep he is right! *nodding head in approval*
    Yep... was raised to be as self sufficient as possible... I can weld.. do Plumbing... Carpentry.. do ceramic tile installs. I'm a degreed electronic Engineer, I maintain my own collection of antique cars (I own three)... I can do basic sewing... and I'm actually a decent cook. If I don't know something I learn how to do it myself.. I hate NOT being able to do something myself.

I needed the Air Conditioning fixed in my care so I studied it.. passed a test and got a license then bought the equipment I needed to do the job rather than pay a shop to do it for me. I've fixed several cars already and have spent in total less than 1/2 what the first would have cost at a shop to fix alone.

The money you save doing it yourself is money you can put away in savings for old age... it adds up real fast.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
    DO NOT bake the cookies with the kiss already on top. Put the kisses on when you take the baked cookies out of the oven, and they will soften while the cookies are still hot. If you bake the cookies with the kiss on top, depending on your oven temp, the chocolate will melt and/or harden and burn.

Do you want a good recipe?

To shortcut, I will buy the Pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough (fat cylinder), roll the individual dough balls in a bowl of sugar to coat them (optional), bake them according to the instructions, then pop a kiss atop each baked cookie after taking the pan out of the oven.

May 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
    AWSOME top 24 cake recipes in 2012 yum!!
    Kelsey Clinkerz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 04:41 PM
    I have always baked the cookies with the kiss in, but we make our peanut butter cookies, and put a thumb print n them. Then we put the kiss in. The recipe on the back of the Kraft Peanut butter jar is a good recipe.
    cupcake obsesso Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Jun 21, 2012, 10:08 PM
    Here's whatcha do:

Buy the store made sugar cookie or peanut butter premade cookie dough and bake them for however long it takes to bake on the box (make sure you press your thumb in the middle of each cookie so later you can put the hershey kiss in easily) Next take the cookies out of the oven and put a hershey kiss in the middle of each one. When they soon cool off the hershey kiss will be formed into the cookie. :)
    These are one of my favorite kinds of cookies to make. :)
    Hope you like them!!
    cuteshoes337 Posts: 13, Reputation: -6

Jul 31, 2012, 11:43 PM
    I make peanut butter blossoms every Christmas. It's a peanut butter cookie recipe, and just press the kisses into the top. If you can find a peanut butter cookie recipe, great, because I don't have it on me at the moment... A boxed recipe can work just as well. Without the recipe in front of me, all I can give you is my trick to getting the kisses on:

Unwrap the kisses first-- trust me. Estimate how many cookies your recipe will yield and unwrap as many as you need-- extra is fine, just eat them. I'll get back to the kisses in a second.

Prepare the dough, and roll about a teaspoon of the dough between your hands to make little balls. They should be about the size of the hershey kiss, because they are meant to be two-bite-sized, and they will grow a little bit in the oven. I usually also roll them in a little bit of sugar before they go on the cookie sheet. You should be able to fit them four by five on a regular sized cookie sheet. Bake them according to the recipe.

As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, put the tray on a trivet and start gently pressing kisses into each cookie-- do not use so much pressure that the surface of the cookie cracks. If the cookie cracks now, it might crumble once it cools. Don't worry about making sure the chocolate is well in there so it doesn't fall out-- the kiss will melt slightly and secure it to the cookie without it having to be in too deep.
    The reason to have the kisses pre-unwrapped is because this must be done quickly-- the cookie is still soft when it comes out of the oven, and it will take the kiss easily. If you waste time unwrapping after the cookies are already out of the oven the cookies will have cooled too much and harden too much to press the kiss in the top.

Once they are cool, the kisses should stay on pretty well.

I have also seen a recipe for macaroons that uses hershey kisses on the top the same way, but I feel like macaroons are too good as they are to add chocolate to :) It's worth mentioning though.
    funnyfreefarm Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Actually, there are several recipes where you do bake the kiss inside of the cookie. Here's one:

Giant Hershey Kiss Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup light packed brown sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

3 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Twelve 1.45 ounce Hershey Kisses

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or silpat liner.

2. Place butter and sugars in stand or electric mixer beating until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.

3. Place flour, salt and soda into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips. Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.

4. Wrap dough around giant Hershey Kisses leaving tall, do not press dough down. Bake for 15-18 minutes until baked through. Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting open.

Makes 12 large cookies

*Note: You can also use regular size Kisses, adjust bake time for 10-12 minutes.
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CoruptedAngel View Post

but yep he is right! *nodding head in approval*
    I double that!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not sure how/when to make the first move for the kiss. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I've been kind of hanging around and reading posts and you all seem very helpful so I was wondering if someone could give me a little advice on this girl I've been seeing. Anyway, first I must say that I am just beginning to feel fully recovered from a long-term relationship- one of...

In New York is it legal for someone over21 to kiss/make out wit someone underage? [ 27 Answers ]

In New York is it legal for someone over21 to kiss and make out with someone who is underage meaning under 18 if the most they do is make out and mayb get to second base?:confused::confused::confused:

What kind of cookies should I make? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm going to make cookies on Sunday with my mother-in-law and she asked if I would make two different kinds of cookie dough. So I know that I'm already going to make sugar cookies. I made them last year and that was a lot of fun. Well I don't know what other kind to make. Maybe Gingerbread? I...

Can I make an inside light work outside [ 15 Answers ]

We recently bought a large Gazebo, and the display in the store had it with a nice chandeler hanging from it. So I thought I would do the same, however when I bought one I was afraid of water accedently getting in it so I bought one that has the lights facing the ground opposed to facing up(dont...

View more questions Search