Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eguia Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Can I be convicted of dui case with out any fax or evidence
    Hello and thank you for your time. I'm currently I'm going to court for a dui case. My question is can I be convicted for found guilty if the police officers can provide any evidence. They don't have any video surveillance of me driving drunk and I did not submit to a breathalyzer.. All they really have is the testimony of the police officer and his partner basically he said he said am I able to be convicted off those terms.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 7, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguia View Post
    All they really have is the testimony of the police officer and his partner basically he said he said am I able to be convicted off those terms.
    Hello E:

You say they have no evidence, but, a cops testimony IS evidence, and it can convict you.

excon

May 8, 2012, 05:47 AM
    What if I have a witness that can say that I was in behind the wheel.. he was actually my designated driver.. it's not like I was behind the wheel and a police turn on the lights and pulled me over..

May 8, 2012, 05:55 AM
    My car was parked @ I was sitting on my hood waiting for my designated driver to come out and give me a ride police pulled up ran my my name and started harassing me and hit me with a dui when it should have been a public intoxication. I wasn't even in my car. And like I said I have a witness that can testify on my behalf
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 8, 2012, 06:03 AM
    Hello E:

Bring your witness. I hope you win, but I think you're going to lose.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2012, 07:31 AM
    It will depend on the laws of your state. As a police officer I convicted dozens of people without any other evidence other than my statements. I was trained to do so, I went to special DUI enforcement schools that taught me the right words to say, and what I needed to have seen.

Most likely he did also.

First by refusing the test, you know you lose your drivers license automatically, by the state. This is the complied consent laws. You agree to take the test when given a drivers license, so when you refuse they suspend the license normally.

After that, in many state, if you were at your car, with the keys in your possession, and drunk, yes they can convict you of DUI. In some states the car has to be running,

So without a very very good attorney, I feel you will be convicted, A great attorney, ( spend about 5000 to 10,000 on one) may get you off, but that is not even 100 percent.

May 8, 2012, 07:04 PM
    So I went to see my probation officer today and told her that I caught a new case and it was a dui. She told me she would have to violate mean I only have 6 months remaining on my probation. All my restitution paid and all my probation fees are paid what is the maximum time I can get for violating my probation. Do you think the judge will take in consideration I paid 2100 dollars restitution 1100 dollars probation fees. Is there a chance he might reinstate my probation and let me continue the remains 6 months or is it a mandatory jail sentence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a family court case be dismissed due to lack of applicants evidence? [ 7 Answers ]

My partner's ex has applied for various orders through the court on the basis that he has been 'harrassing' her. She has no evidence, only fabricated conversations that never happened accusing him of calling her names. Will the court take this seriously? There has been a court date set so does this...

I was convicted of a second offense dui and received a 2 yr. Suspension. [ 0 Answers ]

I had a second offense dui and a drug possession at the same time. The judge gave me a 2 yr suspension and a 1 yr suspension consecutive. While I was suspended I got 2 driving on suspended. One a 1yr suspension and the other 18 months. Is it possible to have these cases revisted and run concurrent...

What can happen if I violated probation by drinking after being convicted of a dui? [ 8 Answers ]

I was convicted of a misdemeenor D.U.I in Utah County, Utah and was giving a year suspended sentence and served 65 days in jal. I completed the ordered treatment classes of 20 weeks, have passed numerous drug tests but still haven't paid off the fine. I was also ordered to not consume alcohol or go...

What happen when I violates parole by being drunk after being convicted to DUI [ 1 Answers ]

My brother got a one year sentence for DUI. He was on parole but now he is back in jail for parole valuation-the officer came to my house and my brother took a breath test-he was drunk. He will see the parole board in a couple days. What can happen?

OTR Driver , convicted of DUI in Semi [ 2 Answers ]

I drove for this truck driving company for 15 yrs. No speeding tickets, a few miner accidents, overall a good company driver, did my job without whinning about loads all of the time from dispatch. Ran mostly east coast to midwest, pulling 53 ft dry van, keeping mostly a low profile and doing my...

View more questions Search