Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thenewguylol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 12:03 PM
    How do I know for sure if I'm adopted?
    OK I want to start and say I'm not one of them dumb teens who say ohh I think I'm adopted because I don't connect with my parents and I look nothing like them even though its true my mom messed up and said in front of me she got a surgery that would make her not have any kids before I was born no pregnancy pics or hospital pics my birth certificate is missing information like height and weight an stuff at first she didn't remember the day I was born then she did and said some out there stuff about it and then I ask again and get a different story and I know when something is up with her I asked my older sister about it and she got all weird and wouldn't talk to me there is more but I guess I'm not really here to explain why I'm almost positive I'm adopted its what are strategies or ways I can get proof that I am I know there is DNA test but I'm currently out of work rite now and will have to do that when I have a job again is there anything else I can do until then? Or maybe ways to find more clues? Thanks for reading :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 7, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewguylol View Post
    ok i wanna start off and say im not one of them dumb teens who say ohh i think im adopted because i don't connect with my parents and i look nothing like them even though its true my mom messed up and said in front of me she got a surgery that would make her not have any kids before i was born no pregnancy pics or hospital pics my birth certificate is missing information like height and weight an stuff at first she didn't remember the day i was born then she did and said some out there stuff about it and then i ask again and get a different story and i know when something is up with her i asked my older sister about it and she got all weird and wouldn't talk to me there is more but i guess im not really here to explain why im almost positive im adopted its what are strategies or ways i can get proof that i am i know there is DNA test but im currently out of work rite now and will have to do that when i have a job again is there anything else i can do until then? or maybe ways to find more clues? thanks for reading :)
    Good lord... ever hear of Paragrghs and sentences.. and things like punctuation...

Its almost impossible to read without those... and I'm the LAST person to play grammar cop.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 7, 2012, 12:42 PM
    The only way to know FOR SURE that you were adopted is to get a DNA test done.

Lacking that, you'll have to get someone who was there for either your birth or adoption to confirm it for you one way or another.

PS--my son's birth certificate doesn't have height or weight on it, either, and he was born last fall. Some places simply don't record it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I adopted ? [ 6 Answers ]

Well I'm only 13 years old and I think I'm adopted I've seen few pictures of me as a child and have also seen my birth cirtificate . I don't look like my mom or dad have different color skin not that big of a difference though. Another reason why I think adopted is that every time I tell my mom and...

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

I want to get adopted [ 9 Answers ]

My mother died when I was4. I'm 14 now. And my father didn't care enough to look after me incidentaly he ran of when he heard about me. So, I live with my grandmother. Its hard living with her. The generation gap raises its ugly head all the time and there is lack of communication. I'm allowed to...

I want to get adopted [ 4 Answers ]

Well I am a boy of 17 facing this hardship and I want to ask the world if I deserves it,did God really greated some particular person the suffer in this world,my parents had an accident and since then I have been by myself and it is not easy at all sometimes I sit and cry some out and some I get...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

View more questions Search