Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newmommy26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2007, 01:18 AM
    How much jail time for probation violation?
    What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?
    ScoobyD Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by newmommy26
    what is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in ohio?
    The maximum time will be whatever the original time depending on the crime. On mine it was 4 to 30 years. If found guilty. They will tell you ask your probation officer ( in a what if way ) don't admit it. He knows exactly what the deal is. I hope this helps you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2007, 07:23 AM
    What happens on probation violation, is that the judge can just take away the probation and make them serve the sentence in jail. For example if you had 4 years probation and it is violated, they can make you just serve the 4 years in jail.

It does not happen that hard normally but it can, with the right judge and the wrong violation, esp if it was clearly known they were not suppose to leave. Also since all they have to do is ask permission, and if there is a good reason they normally can for a trip.

But what will happen first, is that they are picked up and put either in jail or in a state probation detention center. They may sit there for a month just waiting for a hearing. ( no speedly trial issue, since they are already convicted)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Hello mommy:

The difference between parole and probation is, when you're on parole you are serving your time on the street. If you have one day left on parole and you're violated, they can make you serve only that one day.

Probation, however, is served IN LIEU of prison. Therefore, one can be violated on the last day of probation and made to serve the ENTIRE underlying sentence.

excon
    newmommy26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Thank you so much for your responses. This helped out a lot! I haven't been able to find any information on my question on the internet. Thanks!
    scouters1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 08:25 AM
    I am on PRC in Ohio, same rules as probation. They can give you whatever the range on your felony conviction calls for. For example, F3 = 1-5 years. Typically, the most time first time offenders get is the minimum on the sentence range, at least in Ohio. I was originally put on proby for drug charges, after two violations they sentenced me to the minimum prison term, and I had to do all of the time.
    lbmbc21 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 12:52 AM
    what is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in ohio?
    On my first vop I did 13 days...
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Apr 1, 2007, 12:13 AM
    I am in Ohio... I think it depends on the original charges, what yor probation requirements were, if you've violated before, and if you can afford an attorney. If at all possible do not use public defender. You can usually talk to an attorney about your case, get him paid in some way, and he will arrange for you to appear in front of the judge to deal with the violation. With the attorney he may even be able to talk with the prosecutor beforehand and make what amounts to a "deal" so your punishment could be fairly light. My friend, in TX had this problem and with an attorney they gave her a second chance... of course her violation was non violent. When she violated the second time the told her she will have to serve the original sentence (for her 7 yr). Hope I helped in some way.
    monikita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:03 PM
    What is the punishment if your on probation in tx, then you got a dwi, suspended drivers license, and now, another dwi and he is in jail now.. dont know what is going to happen
    alex_86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 09:29 PM
    If I have been charged for simple poss in the most time I could serve is ten days and I did 8 days before I was put on probation in I violated it. How time can I get
    wilfredobravo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 11:50 AM
    My lady got picked up the other day for dropping a dirty u.a this her first time violating probation .but she has 1 violtions what will the courts do next t.
    steph44520 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 05:27 PM
    I don't have an answer for that question... but I do have my own question... I was charged with simple poccesion in Tennessee and what put on 11/29 probation. Then half way through my probation I violated due to failed drug test.. turned myself in and went to court then had my derversion taking away due to a bad lawyer.. and we then put back on probation! Now I'm on my seconde violation 7 months later with the same violation failed drug test and am wondering what I should expect? Is there anyway I can get out of jail time? And if not how long would I have to serve?
    mgomez2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 11:25 AM

Ok I really need help.. I am being accused and investigated for a second crime of the same offense. I amon probation know. My probation officer was the reason why I am being investigated. I don't want to jail or prison. What to do.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 12:26 PM

Hello m:

Hire a lawyer.

excon
    superbaddondiva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 01:12 PM
    What happens if you got a felony and don't report yo probation
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 02:34 PM

Hello s:

They'll put out a warrant for you.

excon
    secret36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
    What is the maxium jail time for violating probation( leaving state) in Colorado?
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 05:15 PM

Hello s:

Whatever the length of the sentence is.

excon
    cruzme2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 02:42 PM
    I have a question and I'm really worried so I need someone's help!. ok here is my story... I have an order of protection on my babydaddy OK he flatten four of my tires in my car and put sugar in the tank... I called the cops and made a report... after that I forgave him and he paid to fix the car... ok the car is fixed.. and we are all happy .so then after that I went to the court house where I got the order of protection and tried to drop it but I couldn't drop it because of the report I made on the car... all they did was make the order of pro. To an no unlawful contact... witch means we can see each other now... sooo... after that.. he turned himself in because we thought that I could drop the charges on the car damage... but I couldn't because the state picked it up... so he's been locked up for 11 days and he has court tomaro.. I want to know what will happen.. I'm quessing he's arrested for violating the order of protection and hie probation... will he get out and if not how much time will he have to serve... somebody *** help if you know anything!
    lynchdog23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 01:54 AM
    You only get about 6 months jail time dumbasses lol. I should know. Everything you are saying is ****

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Violation Time Limits [ 7 Answers ]

I need everyone's advice. I was on probation for three years in the state of Virginia for a DUI related incident from May 2002 to May 2005. I violated my probation, but my probation officer never found out as it occurred in another state. Virginia (DMV) has now found out about it. (in July...

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My husband was arrested two weeks ago when he went to see his probation officer because of a failed drug test. He was arrested on the spot and has been in jail every since. I talked to his PO and he said he would ask judge to reinstate and send him for rehab. He also said it could take a...

No jail time [ 6 Answers ]

I have to do for days in jail for a owi an I'm wondering if I can get a doctoers order saying I need to be in r5 a mental ward receveing treatment an consoling for my depression for a few days instead of being in jail if I can get out of it ?

Will probation violation land me in jail [ 2 Answers ]

I got introuble 6 months ago and got 6months probation ,30 days in jail all but 5 days suspended and lost my license.So I can't drive and live 40 miles from my probation officer. Today she ordered me to come and take a drug test, I can't find a ride there and she says she's giving me a probation...

Suspended jail time.. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so in the navy reqruiting manual subsection subsection subsection title z... blah blah it states sometime along the lines of. Now persons may enter into the navy that has any pending actions, monitored or supervised probation, incompletion of any classes counseling, failure to pay fines, and...

View more questions Search