Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bbabej13 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Jan 25, 2004, 10:32 AM
    Toe touch
    ?? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the high school team!
    cheer_chic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2004, 02:57 PM
    Re: toe touch
    Hey

Try stretching out a lot before practicing jumps! If possible practice on a trampoline, It helps get the feel of the jump before actually getting it. It gives you power! BUT DON'T practice on the trampoline , get off and imeaditally practice on the ground. Because you can sprain your ankle and stuff!
    Bmscheer2768 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2004, 02:29 PM
    Well keep your hands stright and do your best
    GEcheerBabi00 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2004, 03:28 PM
    I have been cheering for over 5 yrs now and when I first started I had horrible jumps. But then one day my coach told me I would have the potential to have a hyper-extended jump if I simply did one thing while I jump.. . All you have to do is rotate your hips and sit while your jumping. It is going to feel weird when you first try to do it but after a little while of practice your jumps will gradually start to get higher! I would say start to practice on a trampoline first. Once you get it move to a floor that has a matt or something on it. Its going to feel weird at first and when you first try it on the floor you are going to land low, but don't let it stop you keep going and you will eventually get a feel on how fast you need to whip your legs down so you don't land low. I hope this helped for you ;) if not then feel free to IM me on babigirl4u01 or email me ;)
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 05:06 PM
    4 height I would suggest straping ankle weights (start w/ 1 or 2 pounds on each ankle) 2 your ankles and throwing your jumps. To make it more staright, practice on a trampline. Strech a lot and strethen your stomach musles. (do lots of v-ups, leg lifts, and hollow bodies) Hope this helped :)
    VarsityCheerGuru Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbabej13
    ??? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the highschool team!
    Try tucking your butt in REALLY!! Hard, that always works for me. Also, try to pretend to kick someone out beside you so that your legs are straight out beside you. Hope it works for you!!

- A Varsity Cheerleader
    VarsityCheerGuru Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerchic24
    4 height i would suggest straping ankle weights (start w/ 1 or 2 pounds on each ankle) 2 ur ankles and throwing ur jumps. to make it more staright, pratice on a trampline. Strech alot and strethen ur stomach musles. (do lots of v-ups, leg lifts, and hollow bodies) Hope this helped :)

My coach told me to not use ankle weights while jumping because it will mess up your knees and ankles. So please don't jump in ankle weights!!
    krissaten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 12:22 PM
    What ever you do DO NOT practice on a trampoline. Practicing on trampolines makes your muscle memory get used to having all of the spring to help you get higher, then once you get on the ground, you jumps aren't any better and feel a lot harder than they were before.
    cheerleaderbritt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 02:01 PM
    Comment on GEcheerBabi00's post
    I have been cheering for now for 2 years and when I first started I was horrible with jump too. Alls you have to do is keep stretching and working on your jumps. Challenge yourself not just to do one toe touch, but maybe a double. The more you chall
    queenpost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 12:04 PM
    I have been cheering for a year now but I am not the best but I'm good. Have self confidance in you toe touch and stretch daily so you won't lack on it and you won't forget also keep your back straight and don't look down if you want to get higher jump up a down for a few minutes every day. Hope this helped if it did'nt sorry :) :p
    LovinMrsAlexCar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 07:45 AM
    I Have Been Cheering For Two Years Now And My Jump Were Not Always A1 Just Keep Practicing And Do A lot Of Pike Up's And Also Use Ankle Weight's.
    I Haven't Used Ankle's Weigh My Toe Touch Came From A lot Of Practice With Jumps But Using Weight's Is The Fastest Way How To Get The Jump You Want Quck And Easy!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog pees when you touch him. [ 4 Answers ]

5 yr.old NUETERED MALE rescue POM pees when you touch or even get close reaching to pick him up. We've had him for almost 3 months. He's friendly, but nervous and a bit shy. We suspect he might have been ABUSED. I will try everything I can 'cause we really like him, but if this persists we will...

Why does he touch his self all the time [ 14 Answers ]

A guy I work with always touches his crotch , every time I talk to him And want to why ? Does he fancy me ? Does he think about me sexual ? Has he got crabs ? I love to know... without asking him!

An Ex back in touch! [ 23 Answers ]

I was seeing a guy last year on and off for about 7 months. His name is Marc and I have known him since I was 11yrs old. We went to school together and used to hang out a lot as we were good friends. When we were seeing each other I found out he had many other girls on the go, so when he went...

6wk old puppy has touch of diarrhea [ 1 Answers ]

One of my two puppies has a touch of diarrhea. They were playing together in their puppy playpen when I turned and saw that one of them (I'm not sure which one) had had a normal BM on the puppy pad. After I cleaned it up, my little dog, Abs, squatted and pooped out a tiny amount of loose stool,...

Have I been in touch with my great grandfather? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been doing genealogical research on my family tree since my father died in 1980, but have hit snag after snag in my search due to family members not passing information down to the next generation, fires that destroyed important written information, etc. I recently, however, was able to...

View more questions Search