Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikelav93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Girl likes me but doesn't want a relationship... yet.
    Ok this is rather long winded so please be patient. Before Christmas one of my friends of over a year told me she had a crush on me. I liked her too but I never said anything because she had a boyfriend. 2 weeks later she finished with her boyfriend and apparently I was part of the reason for this.

Anyway I told her I liked her too and we started to get into each other more and started dating and then a few weeks later she told me she was getting back with her ex which left me devastated and I stopped talking to her. Then about 3 weeks later she text me to tell me I was making her doubt her relationship with her boyfriend then broke up with him again.

A few weeks afterwards we started dating and we both admitted we still like each other and acted like an actual couple when we were out but she said she still needed time.

Anyway last week we talked and she said she still likes me but she doesn't want a relationship of any sort because she wants to get college out of the way with and just wants us to be friends and forget about a relationship until after college and then we'll see what happens. I really like her and I do want a relationship but I don't know what to do until we finish college.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2012, 09:45 AM
    You date others, have a great time and see if you even want to date her after college. What if you find a better girl, and I hope you do because this one handles her business rather messy to be taken serious, guy!

You can do better than one who jumps back and forth between guys like a frog.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 7, 2012, 10:22 AM
    You get a life is what you do,and leave her to lead hers.

I'm guessing some months down the line you won't be wanting a relationship with this young lady...
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2012, 11:32 AM
    It seems like she is unhappy with a relationship, but not willing to completely cut ties, however, you do NOT want to be the rebound on this one. You should leave her alone, be her friend, but nothing romantic, not until she is over him COMPLETELY at least. Which WILL take time. Move on for now, see other people, do not put your life on hold for her misery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girl likes me but says she isn't ready for a relationship! [ 9 Answers ]

OK so I've been talking to this girl for about three weeks now that I met at school.. a really important info that you should know is that this girl just got out of a serious relationship lately, so anyway we really hit it off right from the first day and bonded REALLY well, I mean there was...

Girl I met likes me but isn't ready to be in a relationship again yet [ 17 Answers ]

So I met this Girl on match.com , we hit it off right away we always end up talking hours on end about anything and get flirty with each other. I went out with her a couple nights ago and she texted me that she had a great time and is always looking for new friends. We talked about it for awhile...

I met a girl who tells my friends she likes me but doesn't want a relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I met a girl who tells my friends she likes me but doesn't want a relationship, but when she's with me nothing happens! She goes all weird, and quiet, and leaves the room as soon as possible! I've seen her with other guys she classes as friends and is all warm and friendly but with me it's just...

In love with a girl that's in a relationship but still likes me [ 13 Answers ]

I met this girl at my work place.I work in a leisure facility.she was in for work experience.she is in college studying heaslth and fitness,she's only 2 years younger than me and she's 19.we really seemed to hit it off.in fact we hit it off so well that we began flirting a bit and making each other...

View more questions Search