Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Promgr01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Project cost increase justification letter
    Project was awarded but for unforeseen reasons has been delayed approx. 3 years.
    Thus, original bids from subcontractors are 3 yrs. Old. Customer has requested updated "expected" cost for project.
    Need to write subd a letter asking for their "new" updated project cost with detailed justification.
    Any suggestion as to format?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2012, 08:42 AM
    They are most likely looking for taking advantage of the economy downturn during those 3 years. Otherwise they would have asked you to honor your original bids. Just ask for a new bid from them as if the old bid never happened, as in what is your price today for the work described 3 years ago. I would think that they want justification mainly if the price is higher and it could be based on present workload, material costs etc. You know the owner's situation and the bid specifications- I don't. Does the owner have the option to just put the project out for bids again? Maybe you should talk to a lawyer familiar with contract law first. It is almost like justification for a claim on a construction project.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate increase letter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Joanne and I was looking over your information on how to write a letter of rate increase. I this is not asking too much I needed assistance in writing a letter for my husbands house cleaning service. They have not raised there rates in 5 years. This is what I wrote so far. I...

I need to write a letter for a price increase but in the same letter I want to thank [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a letter about a price increase but in the same letter I want to thank them for their support please help

Project profits using the traditional format if sales were to increase 20% [ 1 Answers ]

•Explain what you would have to do to project profits using the traditional format if sales were to increase 20%

Steps to project profits using traditional format if sales were to increase 20% [ 1 Answers ]

Explain how and why it would be easier if the contribution margin format were used; describe the steps needed to create a contribution margin income statement; include one data slide and examples of a traditional format income statement and the equivalent contricution format, based on that data;...

Price Increase Letter [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a price increase letter to my customers?

View more questions Search