Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

May 6, 2012, 06:31 PM
    USSSA Softball Officials
    My daughter was at a USSSA softball tournament over the weekend. The officiating was HORRIBLE! In one game (of a double-elimination tournament) the officiating was so bad that the winning team's coach thanked the plate umpire after the game in front of both teams and their spectators. That was our first loss. We know that the umpire's can't see everything, and we don't expect them to. But for our pitcher's strike zone to be the size of a bottle cap, and their pitcher's strike zone to be just anywhere he feels like is... well, you get the point.

Four games later...

Different field with different officials. This time, the pitcher from the opposing team threw several illegal pitches that were never called by the plate ump. Furthermore, the other team's runners kept leaving the base early (before our pitcher released the ball which results in an automatic out for the runner). Our coaches called time and protested to both umpires. At which time our coaches were advised by the field ump that there was nothing they could do about it. Really? These girls are 14 and under and even they knew they were getting cheated. They're not stupid.

So the question is, what can a team's coaches do about the officials giving another team an obviously unfair advantage? Our girls work very hard to learn and practice this amazing game by giving up spare time with friends and family, then have all of their hard work and sacrifice ripped out from under them. If the coaches can't appeal to the umpires, then who do we need to see?

Check out some similar questions!

Suspicious Behavior by Officials [ 0 Answers ]

My mother was found dead in her rental home August 6, 2010. She'd died sometime the 4th or 5th of August. There was no autopsy done, her body was sent straight to the funeral home for cremation. I spoke to Ohio State officials who tell me in this instance an autopsy was required. They had no clear...

Beaten by officials in the past they never was charged [ 23 Answers ]

Some police in willmer mn.had pushed my wife.were she had bleed. Threw here preagnancy for a week. By throwing here into the bumper of the car.they also called here a blank indian lover.why you married to a indian.they brought me to jail and kicked me were I was bruzed.nothing happened to the...

Who Likes Softball [ 3 Answers ]

Softball is my favourite game, I love it heaps. What about you? :)

Public officials who you can ask for help with a Dr. Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 46 yr. old male who has been being treated for 15yrs for chronic pain.Have had 3 surgeries on back and neck.Recently the dr. I've been seeing for 6 yrs. Has decided that I should not take pain pills anymore as he wants to help heroin addicts with suboxone treatments,so he has taken me from...

County officials? [ 2 Answers ]

Who is responsible for inspecting the financial records of all county officials

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.