Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CMTinVA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 12:55 PM
    Claimable items for 1099 employees
    I'm new to being a Massage Therapist. I have another job, which I do consider my regular job. As a self contractor, I was wondering what I can claim. When it comes to massage, I practice in one location (on average) but drive there from my other job. Am I able to claim that mileage? Gas expenses? Food costs while at my massage job?
    What all constitutes? What should I be focusing on when keeping track for deduction reasons?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2012, 01:00 PM
    Costs that are directly related to the business. You will need to start keeping and tracking each time you use your car for tracking mileage, business use is deductable, personal use is not.
    Your meals are not, but a business meal with a client or to discuss work can be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employees receivng a 1099 & w-2 [ 15 Answers ]

Can an employee receive a W-2 and a 1099. Example is an employee is on payroll, receives salary and expenses through payroll. Currently the employee also receives a net $500 car allowance, so the amount is grossed up. Now the employee has enrolled in 401K and the contribution is deducted from...

1099 Employees [ 1 Answers ]

What can I say to 1099 candidates to attract them to my business?

1099 Employees [ 1 Answers ]

Can 1099 salaried employed be changed 1099 hourly employees?

View more questions Search