Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake16JA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Lock function key gateway
    The function keys on my Gateway NV77H are setup to be shortcuts to other programs not the normal function key functions like F5 isn't refresh. They become the normal functions when I hold down the FN button. How can I lock this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 6, 2012, 10:57 AM
    You can't.
    Why not change them back to default action and use the Fn key to activate the alternate functions.
    Billy Joe Bob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 08:54 PM
    Try this: Restart your computer and open the BIOS menu by holding down F2 as the computer restarts.

Once at the BIOS menu, select "Main" (Main Menu) and go down to "Function Key Behavior" and select "Function Keys"... the default is "Special Keys".

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The function keys are not working gateway laptop? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought my boyfriend a gateway laptop.. Whenever he presses the function keys on the game, instead of being a normal "f1, f2...etc" keys, it always does its system functions like contrast, brightness.. How do we get the keyboard to just be a regular FN key?

Fn key gateway [ 5 Answers ]

How do you disable the FN lock on gateway laptop it is working like a numlock however there is no numlock key only the Fn key

My gateway laptop doesn't show a num lock key, can you help me [ 0 Answers ]

Th5s 5s what 5t 3662s 352e when I d6n't *ress the FN 2ey when 5 ty*e!

Gateway MT3422 number lock [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the keyboard on my gateway MT3422 and now it appears the number lock is engaged, even though there is no number lock on the keyboard. The u,I,o,j,k,l, & m keys type numbers instead of letters unless I hold down the Fn key. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Gateway laptop control lock [ 1 Answers ]

The calculator is locked on my laptop and the only way I can type letters instead of numbers is to hold down the Fn key. Th5s 5s what ha**ens when 5 d65n't h63d 5t d6wn.

View more questions Search