Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 03:13 AM
    Advice needed for a long-term game center business
    I am planning to open a small business of game center where people can come to play games like counter strike, Flatout, etc through LAN. In short-run, the business is some what easier to run. But I need advices to make my business successful in long-term.

May 6, 2012, 03:27 AM
    Advice needed for long-run game center business
    I am planning to open a small business of game center where people can come to play games like counter strike, Flatout, etc through LAN. In short-run, the business is some what easier to run. But I need advices to make my business successful in long-term.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 6, 2012, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
    I am planning to open a small bussiness of game center where people can come to play games like counter strike, Flatout, etc through LAN. In short-run, the bussiness is some what easier to run. But I need advices to make my bussiness successful in long-term.
    Part of the problem is that your looking for a very specific and fickle clientel. There should be other parts to support the business and this part to be an income producing sideline. I have seen businesses like this in the past. I have seen them fail beause trends can change very fast. You have to stay on top of everything including equiptment.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2012, 05:09 AM
    Why will people go to your place when they can join multi user games online? And you know that gaming changes constantly. Aren't those games available for Xbox and wii anyway?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 6, 2012, 05:34 AM
    It's all to do with pricing and offering the latest games on the best hardware.

May 6, 2012, 05:38 AM
    The price of internet and computer hardware is high in my country.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 6, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Why will people go to your place when they can join multi user games online? And you know that gaming changes constantly. Aren't those games available for Xbox and wii anyway?
    Offering games on a lan brings many games to a whole new level. Many online games suffer from what is called "lag". On a lan there shouldn't be any lag other then the way the lan is programed. It puts everyone on equal footing at the same time. The only difference being skill level of the players.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term and long term aspiration for cash management officer? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Guys, Cab you please advice me for short term and long term aspiration of cash management officer? I've working on AP accountant for 5 years. Then few months ago I've changed my position for Cash Management Officer. Then here is the my job description:  Responsible for processing daily...

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Long term marriage.long term problems [ 6 Answers ]

Well Where do I start …I have been with the same woman since high school and now at 41 we are in a very rough marriage with a 4 year old son …we almost got a divorce at the 7 year mark due to her request that she just didn’t love me anymore and some of the hurtful things I had done like some...

Accounting for Long Term and Short Term Cap Gains [ 2 Answers ]

How do I properly account for Long Term and Short Term Capital Gains from investments (stocks and bonds)? I am unsure of which account to use and the proper treatment on the financial statements. We (the Company) have not been involved in investing much until this year. Feel free to assume I know...

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search