Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thirdshopping Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 06:44 PM
    How long should I charge my car battery when I jump charge from another car?
    I left my car door open all night & now the battery is dead. I jumped started the car with another car and want to know how long I have to wait until I can safely use the car.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 4, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Take it out for a 1/2 drive at highway speeds, no air or lights. Should have no problem after that. If you can get a battery charger, set it on low and charge all noght.
    thirdshopping Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Thank you very much for your replying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car only starts with a jump and I just got a new battery [ 6 Answers ]

My car only starts with a jump and I just got a new battery. I thought it was the terminals connected to the battery because the positive one was cracked, so I replaced that. I would work but only with a jump. So I thought bad battery. I got a new battery started up fine the first time but now it...

New Battery but car still won't start without a jump [ 10 Answers ]

I replaced the battery in my car but when I went to start it it still wouldn't start. So I have to jump it to get it to going and then it's okay. Why would this be going on? It seems to run okay other than that. Do I need to replace the jumpter cables that attach to the battery?:confused:

Sears lawntractor will only start if I jump from car battery [ 1 Answers ]

Sear lawn tractor will only start when I jump from my car battery

Car won't charge with new battery [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Nissan Quest 95 model. Last month my car gave a trouble for starting and I got a new battery from Sam's Club and this Saturday, when I tried to start my car, did not start. Also did not work any car lights or radio. Totally dead! We open the car hood and touch the wire around the battery...

Portable Jump Starter doesn't charge flat battery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the Yellow Portable Jump Starter with Air Compressor, The problem is I have charged it fully and it always stays at 13 on the meter Which is in the green which is supposed to be good. When my cars battery goes flat it doesn't charge the battery, doesn't do anything, But it...

View more questions Search