Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJackson4016 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 08:11 AM
    My Computer Screen Keeps Blanking Out
    I have a Dell laptop (D620), and my monitor has started blanking out on me with no advance sign at all and I have to reboot to get it back up.

If an audio or video is playing, the sound continues until it reboots. Once it reboots a page with a button to resume appears to click on and then the screen comes back up where it left off.

Does anybody knows what causes this or what I need to do to correct this?

Thank you.
    sudipta_sarkar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Hi,
    I am Sudipta_S from Dell Social Media and Communities Team.

With regards to your issue, it seems to be an issue with the Drivers for the Display. Please try the following in order to fix the issue.

In case, you are not able to view the Display at all, try the troubleshoting steps for Stage A & B. But, in case, you are able to view the display, please skip Stage A and continue with Stage B only.

STAGE A:
    1) Restart the system and tap the F8 key on the Keyboard, which will lead you to the Advanced Boot Options Screen.
    2) Select "Safe Mode" with the Up/Down arrows on the Keyboard and, once its highlighted, press "Enter" Key.
    3) After it loads into Safe mode Screen, go to Start Menu - Right-click on "Computer" - Select Manage.
    4) Once you get the "Computer Management" Window, click on "Device Manager" from the left panel.
    5) You will observe various drivers for your system listed on the right panel. Amongst those, there is an option for Display Adaptors.
    6) Click on the arrow that you will find on the left of the Display Adaptors, to show the name of the display adaptor as a drop down.
    7) Right-click on the name of the Display Adaptor and select (left-click) "Uninstall".
    8) Click on "Ok" to the warning message that will follow.
    9) Restart the system.

Note: The system will boot normally this time, however, the screen will look blury and large due to the uninstallation of the Display Driver. Now follow the steps provided in Stage B.

STAGE B:
    1) Go to Welcome to Dell Technical Support
    2) Click on "Support for HOME USERS" if prompted.
    3) Click on "Drivers & Downloads"
    4) You can either enter the Service Tag of the system or select "Choose from a list of all Dell products"
    * If you have selected, "Choose from a list of all Dell products", click on continue and in the next page, select Desktops as the product type, than, the Desktop type will be "Inspiron". Select 620 as the model. In case, you have purchased the Inspiron 620 Slim, please select 620S.
    5) With that, there will be a list of Drivers listed for your system only. (Please, make sure the correct Operating System is selected, which is Windows 7, 64 Bit)
    6) Scroll down to "VIDEO" driver and select the appropriate video driver for your system and install the same.
    7) Restart the system after the Video Driver is installed successfully.
    8) Also make sure the BIOS version for your system is updated with the latest version : A04.

In order to check which version of BIOS is running in your system, go to Start - type in "system information" in the <Search programs and files> box and press "Enter". You will find the BIOS version & date listed on this window. If the BIOS is already up to date with A04 as the version, need not try to update it than.

In case, you find problem find the divers with the above steps, you can download the required BIOS update/Video Driver for your computer from the links provided below.

BIOS update (Version A04) for Inspiron 620 Desktops : Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Intel Driver : Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

NVidia Drivers for:
    NVidia Nvidia M207(D12M2-25) GT420 (1G DDR3) : Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

NVidia Geforce GT530 (M208n) : Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

NVidia Geforce G405Te (M116Te) : Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

AMD/ATI Drivers for:
    AMD/ATI Turks XT Radeon HD6670 (M208) : Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

AMD/ATI Caicos Radeon HD6450 (1G DDR3, M116 & ML116) : Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Kindly revert for further clarifications,

Thanks and regards,
    Dell_Sudipta_S
    Dell Social Media and Communities Responder
    Dell | Facebook
    Twitter
    @DellCares - YouTube
    RJackson4016 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 09:26 PM
    Thank you Sudipta for this information. I will get to work on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer screen [ 2 Answers ]

The size of my screen has changed only for one web page though. Every time I enter the matchup screen for my basketball league the screen gets so big I can only see one teams stats at a time and then I have to scroll over to compare. It changed some how just by me touching the mouse pad on my...

Computer Screen Resolution Problem I accidentally changed the screen resolution [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot do anything to remove it or go anywhere else what can I do to remove it and try to fix the problem it is just stuck on this

Blanking out on what to get! [ 2 Answers ]

I 15. I've got a young teacher whom I love like an aunt because she is very supportive and empathetic and has helped me the most through my depression. What's a good end-of-year, meaningful, smallish, sweet gift to give her?? :eek:

Computer screen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 moitors and 1 PC ii was just wondering if I could plug both of the screens into that one monitor Please

Computer screen [ 4 Answers ]

Help! My computer screen has shrunk on the sides. Does anyone know how I can fix this and expand the picture back to full screen. Thanks, Nancy

View more questions Search