Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    today1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Who can you call questions about hippa violation
    Hospital called my ex-husaband of 5 years and told him about that I had ER visit and when I had it. They said he was on file as husband. Can I sue or file formal complaint?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

May 4, 2012, 07:05 AM
    It's not very likely. As long as your records still list him as the primary contact with rights of disclosure, they did nothing wrong. You might want to make sure his name is removed from any other hospital/doctor's office you've visited in the past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

HIPPA violation [ 4 Answers ]

Is it a HIPPA violation for a hospital employee to tell a family member or friend where a patient went if they were transferred to another hospital?

HIPPA violation [ 11 Answers ]

How do you handle a HIPPA violation. I feel like my privacy has really been violated. I was diagnosed last Friday with shingles and my unit manager told all the other employees. I feel like I'll be going back to work with a stigma attached to me. Where do I go from here? Thanks

HIPPA violation [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who was given copies of patient census report. The report included the patient name, rm # and payor source only. It did not include any health related information. My friend said that he needed the copies to show proof of a violation in the facility. He reported the information...

HIPPA Violation [ 4 Answers ]

I recently sent a letter requesting verification of a dental bill that belongs to my ex-husband. This dentist's office is in a very small town which seems insignificant but sort of explains this next part. Upon receiving the letter, the office manager takes my request as a personal attack and...

View more questions Search