Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missy90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Talk to a wine expert
    Hello, I have searched everywhere for information on a bottle of Vintage Port I have gained in my possession and I can not find ANYTHING about it ANYWHERE.
    This is what is written on the label please help and tell me what this is worth.

SWAN BARRACKS SERGEANTS MESS
    Vintage Port
    Commemorating
    H.R.H Queen Elizabeth 1
    On her Birthday in our Bicentennial Year
    21, April, 1988
    Australian Army

Specially Selected
    1976 Vintage Port
    BOTTLED BY THE MAKERS
    THOMAS HARDY & SONS PTY LTD
    REYNELL ROAD, REYNELLA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA
    18% BY VOLUME ALCOHOL
    750ml WINE MADE IN AUSTRALIA
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 3, 2012, 10:36 PM
    This is Hardy's Vintage "port" from Australia, not Portugal as you'd expect.
    That being the case it's most likely to be a fortified Shiraz, predominantly, with a touch of other grapes.
    While I haven't had this particular wine, I have tried other makers from this vintage and they are drinking well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Wine expert is IN ! [ 25 Answers ]

I'm here to advise you on anything wine and other drink related. I have 10 years experience in the UK wine trade and I have studied to WSET Diploma level. Basically a degree level course in wine. I have travelled extensively in Europe and to Wine Australia. I have a passion for Scottish Malt...

Ask a wine expert? [ 2 Answers ]

We are seeking to find a red wine we had a few years ago. We did not keep the bottle. The wine is red. The label is white with an oval middle comprised of either grape vines or a wreath with the name of the wine in the middle of the oval. Can not seem to find the wine. Prof Domman

Ask the wine expert [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Wine expert, My boss purchased a wine (2007 Angels Landing Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon) which is described as 76% Cabernet Sauvignon but then 3 other grapes are also listed with their percentages: 5.5 Malbec; 6% Petit Verdot; and 12.5% Merlot. My question: is it common to call a...

Ask a wine expert [ 0 Answers ]

Every time I buy Bonarda wine 'fresh' in Italy from a cantina, it is not frizante for about 36 hours, and it gradually develops a fizz. All the bottled Bonarda I have bought in Italy has been frizante. Is there a 'still' Bonarda? (I know that it may really be the Croatina grape that they're...

View more questions Search