Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

May 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Traction light on?
    I got my tires rotated and balances 2 days ago. Since then my Traction Off and Service Traction Soon lights are on as well as my check engine light. I have heard ( at least in other models) that those lights will go off once the tires are evened out again but since this is the first time I have had this done in the car I was just curious. Also, I'm going out of town and want to make sure I'm taken care of. Oh yeah, It's a 2009 Chevy Cobalt. Thanks for the help guys!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 4, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Those lights should never be on after your tires were serviced.
    Make certain the over-ride switch (if equipped) didn't get turned off.
    Are all your tires the same size? The size is printed into the sidewall.
    Some vehicles have different sized tires front to back and if rotated incorrectly can cause ABS and TRAC issues.
    Otherwise, you may need to find out if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) have been stored the vehicle's module.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Traction malfunction [ 0 Answers ]

Traction does not engage, forward or reverse

Traction alopecia [ 2 Answers ]

I am surprised that the Dermatologist doesn't have a definite answer for you. Whether it will recover depends on what caused the problem. Hair grows approximately roughly 1/2 inch (1.25 centimeters) a month which gives you an idea of how long it will take damaged hair to grow out. EDIT: I...

Enhanced Traction System Light ON [ 1 Answers ]

My husband drove to work this afternoon and while in line at Tim Horton's the (TC)light with a / through it and like water under it came on. We are wondering if it is all right for hime to drive it any farther for when he got to work the light still remains on and the check engin like is on as...

Traction Control System and Brake Light Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6. Recently, the Traction Control System (TCS) light on the dash has been coming on, but upon turning off and restarting the car, it disappears. This has been happening on and off. I went to my Honda dealer's service department and they did a diagnostic test on the...

View more questions Search