Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyjc Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Home Health Aide Jobs
    Hi,

I wanted to ask the experts here about working as a Home Health Aide and what is involved. What are the duties and essential functions that a Home Health Aide should have?

I know very little about this and was interested to learn more about the responsibilities included for a caregiver who is working as a Home Health Aide. I understand that the caregiver makes personal visits to the person's home, rather than a nursing home facility. However, what essential functions and strengths does a good Aide bring to the nursing home agency that help improve the place where they are working at?

I understand that many go into the health care and nursing field because they are very passionate about caring for the needs of the elderly. However, what does a good and recognized Aide have that goes beyond compassion?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Will depend on local, contracts with the customer and more.

I had a ex wife who was a home aide, they helped with baths, helped clean up after they used the bath room, she helped clean a house, often cooked one meal and would sit and talk with the person. Make sure they took their medication and at times helped with laundry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with financial aide for senior home repair. [ 0 Answers ]

My aunt is in her 70's , has a beautiful home in Flushing MI. is on a fixed income and found that she has a black mold problem. She is on a fixed income and the estimated cost of repairs is $10,000. She has had multiple open heart surgerys and just didn't expect to live this long. She has always...

Can a person with a misdeamenor charge become a home health aide in New York state? [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been charged with a misdeamenor charge of assault 3 in NYS. Can she still become licensed as a home health aide? My friend was charged with a misdeamenor, assault 3, by an acquaintance who said she touched her with intent to cause bodily harm. The acquaintance never followed up by...

View more questions Search