Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chantelle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 11:36 AM
    If I Declare Bankruptcy,will I Lose My House?
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
    I don't think so. My mom did it and she still has her house. I think (but don't quote me on this) as long as there are no liens on the property it shouldn't be an issue. You can talk to your attorney about it, they'll be able to tell you everything you need to know. You can also do a search on google-there's always a decent answer there.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
    I had a chapt 7 nearly 5 yrs ago, and kept my house. It was not part of the chapt 7... I kept my used car too.

So many people think bankruptcy is an easy way out... it's not really... think long and hard before you do it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 02:55 PM
    IT is a yes, a no and a maybe. How much debt are you in, how much behinid on the house are you, are you willling to re-affirm your house mortgage, ( what you do to keep the house) can you make the payments, if you are behind, will you have a plan for keeping it.

You really will not know till you sit down with an attorney and let them review all for your debts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

I want to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I am 31yrs old and now topping the scales at 400lbs. I have tried everything and am now once again going to weight watchers. Does anyone have a success story that they could share about what they did or how they overcame the weight battle?

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

Lose of water pressure in one part of the house [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if u could tell me why I have lost water pressure only in one part of my house? The master bath. Kitchen and 2nd bath are fine. We do have a softner but it has been turned off with NO FLOW for 3 yrs now. Lose of pressure started about a yr ago. Washing machine is also doing just...

Cht 7 filers did you keep or lose your house? [ 1 Answers ]

We're in the process of filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy. We were told that if they took our house we'd get $30,000 cash, but they may not take the house. We were told that it could go either way. Our lawyer told us to be prepared that they sell the house. Honestly after our 30K expemtion,...

View more questions Search