Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

May 2, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Is it bad to do cardio everyday?
    I am 21 year old female, non-drinker/non-smoker. I am currently 196 pounds, and I just lost 10 pounds by cleaning up my diet. But I really want to start working out. But I'm worried.

Is it bad to do cardio everyday? I have this fear that it will be too much for my heart and I'll end up dying because my heart can't take it or something.

Here is what I would be doing:
    - 15 minutes run training
    - 60 minutes treadmill walking 3.5-5mph/ uphill 15.0
    - 30 minutes stationary bike
    - 30 minutes elliptical

Would this be okay? I plan to do this at least 6 days a week. Can someone's heart take this kind of thing? I'm really worried. ):
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2012, 08:17 PM
    I would advise you to discuss this with your doctor, you don't start that much from day one. Cardio has to be worked up to.
    Spirit1966 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

May 17, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Skyrocket that is way... too much cardio. You need to add resistance traing. Muscle burns fat. With your routine you will lose a lot of muscle and water and of course some fat so your numbers will go down. What's important is your body fat to muscle ratio. What happens with people who only do cardio is that they go from being a big fat person to a small fat person. The resistance traing will help tone your body as well as help you lose the weight.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
    I agree with Chuck. Any time you decide to diet, or exercise, it's always best to discuss it with your doctor.

You're obviously concerned, and you should be. Go to your doctor, discuss what you plan, and see what he/she thinks is the best course of action.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it bad if I have white, thick discharge EVERYDAY? [ 1 Answers ]

I've never had sex by the way. It smells a little but not a fishy smell at all.

Took out some cardio, is that OK? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 19 years old and weigh 125lbs at 5'4. It is hard for me to gain weight. I recently went from weight lifting 4x a week and doing cardio 2 or 3x a week to now weght lifting 6x a week and 1 day of cardio. Is this OK? I do not want to get too much fat as a result of the diet I am on. Should I...

What is the best cardio [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I am looking for new ways for cardio I swim, run, and ride my bike; but I really enjoying boxing and punching the bag. Yesterday I just rolled with my buddy for about 15 minutes then we spared for another 20 minutes and after all that I hit the bag for 5 3 min rounds. When I was done I felt...

IS it bad to work out everyday? [ 2 Answers ]

Say I work out Everyday for 30-60 minutes. Is that bad?

View more questions Search