Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SupaCoopa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Inexpensive Bathroom Improvement Ideas
    Hello and thank you in advance for your help.
    I would like to refresh my small bathroom without spending $$$. The bathroom is rather small and only accommodates a standard bathtub/shower, toilet, and basin. I'm looking for inexpensive ways to refresh my bathroom and make it more interesting. Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 02:05 PM
    1. Paint is cheap and goes a long way to make a big difference.
    2. The floor: Top end sheet vinyl, which is expensive per foot, ends up being relatively cheap in small areas.

... so between those two, you can make your bathroom look nearly brand new for probably under $100.

... just a couple ideas for you :)
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 23, 2007, 02:17 PM
    As Rick said, paint and flooring are quick and easy.

You can change out the small fixtures (lights, TP holder, tower ring/hooks, that sort of thing) for cheap as well.

Also, the accessories (soap dish, water glass, tissue box) can be changed out for next to nothing, as can rugs, shower curtains, and toilet seat covers. These have the bonus that if you have a few sets, you can rotate them regularly to keep the room feeling fresh and new.

Edit: Oh yeah, a painting on an open wall could work well... since it's a small space, you'll want something simple, with bright colors and probably geometric designs.
    SupaCoopa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Thanks so much for your input! Those are great ideas, some of which I hadn't even considered. What about installing (or having it done) new faucets? Since the bathroom is so small, what colors should I stay away from as far as paint? I don't want it to feel like a closet with a toilet in it by painting it the wrong color. Thanks again for your input.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Feb 26, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Definitely changing out the faucet can add appeal. Maybe even a new toilet seat. Stay away from darker colors when you paint. White, Off-White and very light yellow is good...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does an inexpensive southern beach community exist? [ 7 Answers ]

We are hoping to relocate to a location in one of the southern states that is near the ocean, has a quaint charm (like a walkable main street) and doesn't cost a fortune. After we do retire - we will possibly be able to afford approximately 250$ tops. Is there a place with these features? Can't...

Looking for good inexpensive faucets [ 11 Answers ]

Still in deep on the bathroom remodel. Finally got the pipe sweating down - thanks to all. It now is the least of my worries. What a lot of reading and practice will do for you. Anyway, I am trying to find some decent inexpensive faucets. I have shoehorned myself a bit because I want wall...

Inexpensive Catering [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a name of a company who offers Inexpensive Catering in Northern California, specifically the Bay Area.

Recommend a decent, inexpensive brand of furnace & A/C [ 10 Answers ]

I am fixing up a house that is requiring way more work that I first thought (due to water intrusion, pets, etc.) and need to replace the entire heating and cooling system. I want a decent lower-end system - something that may not have all the features of the higher-end units, but something that...

View more questions Search