Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Info on Free Music Downloads. Click here!
    Simply put, downloading copyrighted material without expressed permission is illegal. Copyrighted material must be purchased from an authorized distributor in order to be legal.

Ask Me Help Desk members will not help you obtain copyrighted material illegally, so please don't ask such general questions as "How do I download music for free".

That said, not all free music downloads are illegal. Examples of free and legal music downloads may be found in the public domain, and sometimes on artist and distributor websites.

We are happy to help you find sources for public domain material, or music that might be available with the express permission of the copyright owner or distributor.

For more information about what's legal and what's not, check out these helpful links:

Downloading Legally - Understanding the RIAA Lawsuits
    Legality in Music Downloading - Is It Illegal?

Check out some similar questions!

Totally Free but legal no strings attached music downloads [ 10 Answers ]

I wanted to know of a web site that has totally free but legal music downloads. I've tried websites like winmx and you have to pay for those after all. Help :mad:

Free Universal downloads for US and Canada [ 2 Answers ]

Nice to see Vivendi Universal offering it's entire music catalogue for free download,in the US and Canada,from December.The rest of the world will still have to purchase of course.. Why not make it legal for everyone? And yes,I do purchase iTunes on line,if there is a track I'm interested...

FREE XBOX downloads [ 3 Answers ]

We will NOT advise members how to break the law ! Request for "how to" Edited out by Curlyben

Music etc. Downloads [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in anyone's experience of downloading this unlimited service from:- http://www.radiohangout.com/133.html Is it worthwhile and genuine? George H.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search