Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Feb 23, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Getting calls from debt collection
    Hey guys, sorry for being a stranger but I have been very, very busy. I have a quick question. I have been getting a call from a debt collection agency or so they say. When we pick up it is a recording. The number they tell us to call back is 877-712-1214. It is Mr. Alexander from I think MCO Financial Systems Incorporated. I think it is a scam and we don't call back because we know we don't owe any debt, at least any that a collection anagency would need to collect. My credit report was just ran because we are refinancing and they said we have very good credit. Anyone hear of this recently? Thanks.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Never speak to any debt collector on the phone, always have them put it in writing.

Feb 23, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Thanks for the response. I'll remember that. Since I haven't gotten any notices in the mail I think it's a scam anyway.

Mar 7, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Update on this situation. I finally got sick of it and called them back after calling the phone company to make sure this is a ligitimate number. When I calle I found out this is called NCO Financial Services. They actually told me who they were looking for. I told them to stop calling me you have the wrong number. I googled them and come to find out they are being investigated for this kind of thing hoping people will just pay to get them off their backs. If anyone gets a call from them do what MR. Yet suggests and be careful.

Google it and see the hundreds of articles on this company.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
    I had something similar, I received a letter from a lawyer saying his client, a collection agency was going to sue me over a 5 years old phone bill. I wrote him back and cc'd my local consumer protection agency saying this company never had this account, had never called or written me a letter, had the wrong amount that I used to owe and I couldn't locate them online or in phone books, I even called and the company said they couldn't send me anything in writing and asked me to pay the lawyer directly... very weird.

After the letter I never heard anything else, I think some companies just search for people with old debts and take a chance you will pay if they offer one last chance. If even 1 out of 100 people pays they can make a bit of money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to say when debt collector calls [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Just wanted to know what to say to a collections agency when they keep calling me and make them stop:mad:

Blocked calls [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to block an incoming call on a cell phone? So you wouldn't even know the person was calling?

Should I answer his calls [ 10 Answers ]

My ex and I have been broken up for a few months now and I am not over him. He continues to call me to talk and find out how I am, and to tell me what's up with him. He has even told me he is seeing someone, so I don't understand why he even bothers calling. It hurts so much to talk to him....

Harassing or annoying calls [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any law against companies, private or public, continuing to make annoying phone calls to your private residence even after you have left messages on their answering machine to stop? Also is there any law dealing with how late in the evening they can call? I have the same company calling...

About Spartacus (calls for speculation) [ 5 Answers ]

How the history had changed if the pirates hadn't betrayed the Spartacus and his men? (I'm referring to the pirates that were to take Spartacus and his 70.000 men into Sicily but since he was betrayed, his men were slaughtered and Spartacus presumably died in the hands roman legions in Italy)

View more questions Search