Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmterre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Water leaking from 2nd floor bathroom to first floor bathroom?
    I live on first floor of a 3 family home, my bathroom has been having a ongoing leak over the toilet coming from 2nd floor. I told my landlord and they said it was a clogged tub... but it just keeps happening and gets worst every time. It's to the point that its raining in the bathroom. Could a clogged bath tub ultimately be the problem... and do I need to be worried about mold growing?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 1, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmterre View Post
    I live on first floor of a 3 family home, my bathroom has been having a ongoing leak over the toilet coming from 2nd floor. I told my landlord and they said it was a clogged tub....but it just keeps happening and gets worst every time. It's to the point that its raining in the bathroom. Could a clogged bath tub ultimately be the problem....and do I need to be worried about mold growing?
    Get the lazy landlord on the phone and voice your concerns about mold. Mention that you're so concerned you wonder in you should call the Health Department to see if there's any danger. That ought to get some action. And if it don't then call and make a complaint. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The outlets on the master room bathroom and the bathroom on the 2nd floor has no pwr [ 1 Answers ]

The outlets on the master room bathroom and the bathroom on the 2nd floor has no pwr. This was verified with the use of a light indicator probes by checking the power on the outlets screws. The breakers were checked the same way, however there is power going to the breakers. One outlet that has the...

Noise During Water Draining in the 2nd floor Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved in to a 9-year old house. When I am taking shower or using the faucet in 2nd floor bathrooms, there appear to be a slow dripping noise in the drain pipe during draining. During the water draining (either cold or hot water), the noise sounds like da... da... da. But appear to be at a...

Water leaking through bathroom floor and ceiling below [ 3 Answers ]

I recently noticed a 6 inch L shaped area of discoloration on the ceiling in my kitchen. The ceiling was slightly damp and soft and it's directly above the corner of my shower stall, so we called the plumber to look at it. He said that the small amount of water that gets on the floor when someone...

2nd floor bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Wanted to add a 2nd floor bathroom. I have a 4" DWV from roof to first floor bath. The whole house is on a slab. Needed to know if I can tie into the 4" pipe for the toilet,sink and shower on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor toilet is right above the first floor toilet. I here stories that when I...

2nd Floor Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new Shower/Sink in a 2nd floor bathroom. I am not familiar with plumbing code (I am more of a fixitup guy) and wanted to know if the plumbing that existed when I tore up the floor is to code, and if my new layout will create problems. Would it be easiest to take pictures and post...

View more questions Search