Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheryl2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Will a relationship with a man 24 years older work?
    I am 32 years old and pregnant for my 55 year old boyfriend. We live together. He has a reputation for being unfaithful and I do not trust him. How do I handle this? What should I do?:confused:
    jdselby1024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Has he given you any signs to make you feel he is cheating? Any relationship can work if the communication is there. Mind you relationships are hard work. Just try and keep an open mind, and talk, talk, talk.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
    He has a reputation for being unfaithful but has he been unfaithful to you? You say you do not trust him but now it is too late as you are having his child. Your relationship can work, in spite of the age difference. But can it work in spite of the mistrust you already have? That is the key here. At 55 he should have all his wild oats sown by now and matured enough to take on responsibilities of a relationship.

Are you afraid of what will happen as the pregnancy progresses? You need to sit down with him and explain your apprehension to him. You deserve to know his intentions. What would you do if you found out he was unfaithful? Would you ask him to leave or would you forgive him and try to work through it?

Have you thought of couples counseling? Someone acting as a mediator while you bring up the issues that bother you.

It could well be that he has the reputation but also has corrected his behavior and is committed to you and the child you are carrying. Your fears are honest. Does he know this? What does he tell you?

I hope all things work out for you. Take care.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Not sure about your question. What should you do about what?

What to do about you not trusting him? OK. Can you live with a man you cannot trust? Some people can. Some won't put up with it.

What to do about his reputation of being unfaithful? OK. Same answer. You know this now, whether you did before or not. I tend to accept the general idea that once a person cheats there is a great chance they will do it again. Maybe not always the case, but that's my experience with persons I've known to cheat and with two people I dated who cheated. It was never a once and done event.

What to do about being pregnant? I guess if this is your question (what to do about it under the circumstances) its all up to you. We can write pages about the keep the child/womans choice debate. Personally, while being a single parent is hard, I think if you are basing caring for the baby upon whether the man will be there for you... well, I just can't think like that, so I can't give advice. Children and hard work that is worth it, in my opinion, whether we are ready or not.

Can it work out with an older man? This is what your subject heading implies. I think age is much less an issue the older you are. I have an aunt who married a man a dozen years younger than her. Great marriage.

But what makes a great relationship has less to do with age and more to do with compatibility. So, again, can you live with a man you don't trust? Can you find a way to trust him?

Really, that's about as complex as it is.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Once a cheater.

No trust - no relationship
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 04:57 PM
    If she already new this heading into the relationship it should not be a problem now? Right?

So you are pregnant and have a relationship with an older man. Honestly age does not matter.

What makes you think he has a reputation of being unfaithful? To you or past stories from other people?

Lots of questions here.

Joe
    Marvin Valeros Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 05:29 AM

Oohh...

Your pregnant!!
    My dear Don't WORRY TOO MUCH that will be bad for the baby

About him
    Where is he anyway?? LOL

How long have you been pregnant?

And I'm not rude and all but
    Why did you let yourself get pregnant??
    If you know that He has a reputation for being unfaithful?

But I don't blame you OK

If you THINK he is UNFAITHFUL, why don't you let him feel that you are FAITHFUL to him and that you really love the baby that you are carrying right now

Because it is you who needs to believe him more OK?

Hope I helped you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Older woman / younger man [ 10 Answers ]

What's the motivation here? I've ALWAYS dated younger guys, but it seems like it's more pervasive lately (Cameron/Justin, Demi/Ashton). When I go out, no one my age even talks to me, but men 7-10 years younger are pretty into me. (I also look young for my age, but come on.) Any opinions or...

Dating an older man- considered illegal. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I'm new to this site and joined in order to get other people's opinions on my situation. I am 16, soon to be 17, dating a 21 year old man. We have been dating 4 months, and I truly believe this is the man I am going to marry. The problem is that I don't know how to tell my parents- or if I...

Older man, not husband [ 25 Answers ]

First post I am married woman been that way for quite a few years. I have a decent relationship and I honestly can say I love my husband. Got married far to young though and I know it, we have children now. Getting to my point, I have met a man who completely takes my breath away. We spend a...

Older relationship [ 57 Answers ]

So I have been getting really involved with this guy who is 10 years older than me. He is 31 almost 32 and I just turned 21 in August. And the only thing we pretty much have in common is the music we listen to and GO TO CONCERTS AND DRINK. IS IT OK TO PURSUE THIS EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE IN...

Man and Work and Relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Dear experts, I have dated with my boyfriend for about 2 months. He is an energetic and social-type person. Besides, he is confident and optimistic. Also, he is usually busy with his work. Sometimes, he works overtime. As recently, he has some problems to solve with his work, I found...

View more questions Search