Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    millyjayne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 03:19 AM
    In england do non biological parents have access rights to children
    If a same sex couple separate does the non biological parent have any access rights to the children in England?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2012, 03:36 AM
    Currently the UK does not recognize same sex unions. Which would indicate no rights could be accorded the non bio partner in such a union unless there was an adoption.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 1, 2012, 03:56 AM
    The following can apply for a residence or contact order only without leave of the Courts:

1/A step-parent or civil partner who has treated the child/children as a child/children of the family; or
    2/ Any person with whom the child/children has lived with for at least three years out of the last 5 years (but the period must not have ended more than 3 months before you make the application)
    3/Any person who has obtained the consent of the people whose legal position would be affected i.e. a person with parental responsibility, anyone with a Residence Order .

All other people who are not listed above would require the leave of the Court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parental rights in California for non biological parents [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a relationship for 9years with a woman. She has two kids from a previous relationship. We now have a 4 year old daughter, her father is a blood relative to me. Before her birth my partner and I did the paperwork for a domestic partnership so I would have rights to our child. When she was...

What are the state of ohio's laws for biological parents rights [ 21 Answers ]

So me and my husband got married about 3 months before my 7 year old son was born and we have always known that there is a chance that my son isn't biologically my husbands but my husband signed the birth certificate and has treated him no different than our other son. Well the man who is the...

What rights do step parents have with minor children? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother has sole custody of his 2 children, their mother is in the wind, but never signed off parental rights. My brother is married to wife #6 and they just had a baby. They have been living in our home for the past 4 months and my brother accepted a security job in Afghanistan. My brother...

Parents voluntarily release rights to children what next [ 1 Answers ]

When children are temporary court wards and a Supplemental P.C. is filed with the court and the parents voluntary release their rights is it necessary to set a Post-Termination Review Hearing?

Questions about adoptive rights for biological parents [ 2 Answers ]

What are the rights of the birth parent who has willingly given their children up for a closed adoption in terms of gaining contact with their children?

View more questions Search