Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TWSTEIN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 10:49 AM
    How would a paramedic treat someone having convulsions?
    Two paramedics pull up to a woman who's tearing at her own scalp and having convulsions/seizure. I'm writing a movie and want to get this scene, including dialogue, accurate.

Thanks!
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Feb 23, 2007, 06:21 PM
    All they can do is make sure that her airway and breathing is clear and unobstructed. And remove (if she is convulsing on the floor) anything harmful around her that she may bump into. It is against protocol to restrict her or hold her down in anyway.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 06:29 PM
    A person having a seizure is allowed to have the seizure - they are to be protected from harm, such as hitting themselves against a wall or hitting the floor hard. No restraints and no spoon in the mouth (yes, they used to do that). When the person stops having the seizure it is important to remain calm, orient the person to date, time, and place. Ask if they remember what happened. Not every seizure requires the EMTs. However if a person has a seizure that lasts longer than five minutes, it is best practice to call 911.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discussion. Treat them mean, Keep them Keen ! [ 20 Answers ]

It has been my experience that if your not decent to a girl she is decent to you & if you are decent to a girl she is not decent to you ! (((Perhaps this treat them mean keep them keen))).

Treat F1 OPT as a business trip [ 12 Answers ]

I started working on OPT in July after graduating from college in May. I remained in F1 OPT status during 2006. My OPT expires in March 07, at which time I will return to my home country or to another country. Under these circumstances, can I treat my OPT employment as an 'extended business...

We teach others how to treat us [ 7 Answers ]

Do you think this is true "that we teach others how to treat us". I am wondering if anyone has any experience in this subject?

How do you treat the "other woman" [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin just recently left his wife of 18 years for a woman that he has been dating for 18 months. His wife and I have been very close of a number of years, and I feel so bad for her and the children. He does not want his ex wife coming to family functions, which is killing her children, and her...

Ambulance with Paramedic [ 2 Answers ]

I am under process of starting a project on a free ambulance service with paramedical staff. I want to know what staff do I require. It's a non-profit making project service to who cannot effort . Your suggestions welcome.

View more questions Search